Position: Project Manager
Location: San Rafael, CA, United States
Duration: Full time
Required Skills: CONCEPTUAL DESIGN EARTHWORK PAVEMENT HEAVY HIGHWAY UNDERGROUND UTILITY CONCRETE
Client is seeking an experienced Project Manager. Client works in the both public and private sectors. We are seeking a PM with heavy highway experience, as well as experience in earthwork, paving, underground utilities and/or concrete work.
This position manages, coordinates, and supervises constructionprocesses from the conceptual development stage through final construction on a timely and economical basis; coordinates planning, scheduling, bid solicitation and review, and procurement negotiations.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES may include:
- Develops and monitors project budgets and ensures all work is completed within budgetary restrictions.
- Develops project schedules and ensures work is completed within established timeline.
- Oversees completion of all required paperwork.
- Maintains regular communication with field coordinators/construction managers to ensure quality control and adherence to project schedules.
- Reviews and approves all vendor and subcontractor invoices; resolves discrepancies.
- Ensures that all necessary permits and approvals are received and requiredinspections are scheduled and completed.
- Possesses and maintains thorough knowledge of OSHA requirements; ensures that all OSHA guidelines and programs and implemented and enforced to maintain a safe and health work environment.
- Participates in the research and development of new construction materials and methods as required.
- Regularly reports on status of projects, either in person or through written reports/correspondence.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The above reflects management's definition of essential functions for this job but does not restrict the tasks that may be assigned. Management may assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time due to reasonable accommodation or other reasons.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S.) in related field or equivalent preferred.
- Four to Six years related experience.
- Practical construction knowledge with the ability to read blueprints and plans.
- Demonstrated proficiency in supervising and motivating subordinates
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Basic competence in subordinates' duties and tasks
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Accurately complete detailed forms and reports.
- Calculate figures and amounts.
- Interpret complex laws, regulations, and/or policies.
- Coordinate multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to walk on uneven ground
Seeking PM with heavy highway experience, as well as experience in earthwork, paving, underground utilities and/or concrete work. Local Candidate preferred.