We are looking for Project Manager for our client in St Paul, MN
Job Title: Project Manager
Job Location: St Paul, MN
Job Type: Contract – 12 Months / Contract to Hire / Direct Hire
- Seeking Project Managers with strong experience in large and complex systems development projects.
- The Project Managers are needed to bring several active, highly visible projects to successful completion to enable the technical solution to be deployed and fully operational.
- The Project Managers will be responsible for managing requirements, design, development, and deployment of the System Modernization projects.
- The Project Managers will work closely with a System Modernization Program Manager.
- The Program Manager will direct the system project life cycle, as well as oversee the system project work plan and ongoing activities.
- The total value of the portfolio of projects impacted exceeds $50,000,000.
- The successful candidates will have the experience to assume immediate responsibility for large and technically complex projects and to develop flexible and efficient plans and lead matrixed project teams with multiple priorities while simultaneously fostering an environment of team building and coordination
- The PMs will work with the Information Technology staff to manage project decisions relating to the design and development of new applications
- The Project Manager will create: Scope definition document, Project plans, Communication documents, Project budget and regular updates to clients, Procurement documents, Risk assessments and risk plans, Resource requirements definitions
- For each current, assigned project, the Project Managers will: Review all project artifacts and bring to light deficiencies which may impact project deliverables/schedules, Actively monitor and manage risk mitigation plans and activities, Recommend strategies to move projects forward to completion, Manage overall scope of the System Modernization project work
- Provide project and program management and leadership for projects with System Modernization technical solution impacts including technical, resource, schedule, communication and financial plans.
- Management of a pre-identified System Modernization project portfolio.
- Provide guidance and direction to technology vendors. Responsible for developing and directing strategies, approaches, and procedures for the System Modernization IT Solution.
- Communicate and incorporate business owner’s visions, business plans, and key objectives. Establish and communicate clear performance expectations to members of the System Modernization IT Solution.
- Provide updates as required by client, System Modernization Portfolio Management team and leadership.
- Provide project management and vendor management mentoring to State and other vendor staff, as required.
- Foster a culture that supports and drives staff engagement and collaboration in support of State objectives.
- Establish, manage, and leverage business and technology relationships both internal and external to the System Modernization IT Solution.
Mandatory Qualifications (A)
- B.S. or B.A. degree with five (5) years of experience as a Project Manager OR Associate’s degree with seven (7) years of experience as a Project Manager.
- Six (6) projects lasting more than six (6) months each in the role of a Project Manager.
- Two (2) projects in the role of a Project Manager where the projects each exceeded $500,000
Mandatory Qualifications (B)
- Computer Science or Information TechnologyDegree.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) or Master Project Management (MPM) Certification.
- Experience leading IT project teams of greater than ten (10) individuals.
- Experience working in complex multi-vendor or multi-team IT environment.
- Experience in an IT project management mentoring or coaching role.