Collegiate Development Group (CDG) is a full-service real estate development company specializing in the development of urban, purpose-built student housing communities across the country. By approaching each step of the development process with passion and attention to detail, we deliver our projects with pride and complete confidence in their quality. As one of the nation’s fastest growing developers of off-campus student housing, we currently have $200+ million under construction and $350+ million in planning.
The Project Manager will contribute to the company’s success by providing strategic planning, project management and financial oversight in new build student housing developments while maintaining the highest standards of excellence in terms of quality.
Responsibilities will commence with assisting in site identification and acquisition through due diligence. Then the Project Manager will lead the process from design to construction and through to the ultimate handover to a property manager. The role will be based in CDG’s St. Louis office, but will require frequent out of state site visits. Every development project has challenges and issues that need to be overcome, and this role will be to deploy strong leadership and problem solving skills in order to lead the process so that budgets and time frames are met and outcomes meet or exceed quality expectations.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Oversee scheduling of work in line with company goals and objectives.
- Communicate and manage all issues and risks affecting the projects.
- Communicate project status to Principals and stakeholders accurately and on time.
- Develop and implement solutions to correct any deviations.
- Lead and manage a large team of professional consultants to ensure effective project delivery.
- Develop and manage budgets for development projects together with the Principals during the site acquisition phase. Appraise and profile the associated risks for development.
- Assist in the site due diligence process in order to ensure that all development risks are identified and quantified.
- Assist in the approval and permitting phase of the development process and ensure approvals are in line with company requirements. Maintain positive relationships with jurisdictions and planning commissions to ensure same.
- Manage the detailed design phase of the projects, ensuring strict adherence to specifications and attention to cost management.
- Monitor general contractor and vendor performance during construction phase.
- Ensure that the projected expenditure is under constant review and any anticipated deviations are highlighted and controlled.
- Ensure all of the above are carried out in line with Company Values.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a focus in Finance, Engineering, Development Design/Planning, Law or related discipline is required. Graduate degree or graduate student is preferred.
- 3+ years of progressively responsibleexperience in understanding of basic principles of real estate development; design, finance and construction. Direct experience in real estate development, construction or design is required.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently and react quickly in a demanding fast-paced environment.
- Ability to interact with various officials, consultants and community groups.
- Strong problem solving skills, creative thinker and solid organization and leadership skills.
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of real estate.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, balance priorities and deadlines.
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Suite.