Work is typically performed under no supervision, with only guidance about overall goals and objectives. Usually receive minimal to no guidance about how to complete work objectives. Must be able to define work based on evaluation of short term and long term goals of the department. Able to independently evaluate processes, identify areas of improvement, and incorporate in to overall work objectives.
- Act as primary Creative Services point-of-contact for content collection and project management for Visual Merchandising teams.
- Maintain exceptional level of attention to detail, while managing multiple large and complex projects simultaneously
- Act as a strategic counterpart to senior-level clientele, performing above and beyond tactical project responsibilities
- Identify areas of incremental revenue growth within the account and bring in the necessary account and platform leaders as needed
- Project scope will often include environmental or experiential design elements expanding beyond core functional POP elements
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in omni-channel retail, interconnecting the physical and digital online shopping experiences through impactful messaging and innovative in-store solutions
- Maintain detailed knowledge of existing in-bay/showroom POP materials for primary and secondary assigned departments.
- Manages and owns POP materials content within the respective categories from concept through final design
- Maintain positive and supportive working relationships with key client contacts, Merchants, Vendors, and Print Production resources.
- Review POPs to ensure the Visual Merchandising Standards are met while educating Merchants and Vendors on value of standards.
- Attend line kickoff meetings; to ensure high-quality content (aided by copywriters)
- Provide competitive research information as necessary to assist in project development.
- Manage POP in-bay/showroom materials for the Sign Governance Council as needed.
- Prepare POP materials for creative review, ensuring appropriate approvals.
- Manage soft-proofing routing to ensure proper approvals and reviews.
- Provide information necessary to ensure POP materials projects to completion, successfully guiding them through approvals and ensuring delivery that is on time and within budget.
- Ensure POP materials are complete prior to approval routing.
- Track actual expenses against quotes and budget, identifying budgetary issues proactively. Escalate unresolved issues to VM for resolution.
- Maintain project information in information systems as required.
- Ensure effective communications of relevant project information to all stakeholders and incorporate feedback as required.
- Foster relationships and collaborate with client and cross-departmental copy team to ensure cross channel media retail efforts.
- Provide proactive updates to client and other stakeholders on project status.
- Enter updates to customer project tracking system
- Lead day-to-day management and optimization of projects.
- Master and maintain vast knowledge of client's business, competition and latest industry news and trends.
- Provide point of view on best practices and solutions across functions.
- Demonstrate understanding in each area of Creative Services including: design, print production and prepress.
- Attend and set relevant client meetings, bringing in appropriate resources from Creative Services as needed.
- Set project milestones, create project estimates and tracks schedules
- Ensure all deliverable deadlines are met for all individuals and parts involved in the process.
- Monitor client's budgets for accuracy and timeliness.
- Track and report on quality metrics, strategize with the customer and deliver services, which will attract and retain customers.
- Proactively sell and manage client expectations.
- Responsible for early detection of issues.
- Trains other employees as needed.
- Performs other related duties and participates in special projects as assigned.
- Perform other related duties and participate in special projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities described above are the essential functions of the job. The qualifications below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bachelor's degree in a related field and 5-7+ years of experience in marketing and/or advertising, with a focus on Visual Merchandising and/or brand management, project management or comparable experience with progressively expanding responsibilities.
Background in the retail services industry preferred, and/or background in advertising/design agencies.
Well-rounded knowledge of print production, brand development, strategic planning and the design industry.
Must be proactive, collaborative, driven and seek excellence in execution of tasks.
Complete understanding of the "Big Picture" which allows the individual to make good sound business decisions.
Strong project management skills, organizational skills and time-management skills.
Proven track record with strong and effective customer relationships and solution delivery.
Superior writing, communication and presentation skills, with the ability to listen for understanding.
Self-motivated, independent, creative, energetic, assertive approach.
Ability to manage multiple projects in a dynamic environment.
Excellent interpersonal skills; experience and ability to work with cross-functional teams, internally and client-side.
Ability to anticipate needs on behalf of the customer, not only to serve the customer but increase volume and profitability.
Knowledge of administrative software, including Microsoft Access; basic working knowledge of design or development skills/software (Adobe Creative Suite, including In Design and Photoshop, etc.)
Ability to problem solve, analyze potential solutions and use good sound judgment to make decisions. Strong attention to detail is required.
Ability to create and work with cross-functional and/or distributed "virtual" teams.
Strong commitment to ensuring quality and exceeding customer satisfaction expectations.
Must have the ability to work independently.
Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal skills, especially in situations involving consensus and team building with strong problem solving skills.