We are looking for an experienced Project Manager who is passionate about joining a team dedicated to making a difference in the life of learners and educators. You will join a dynamic and fast-paced environment and work with cross-functional teams to design, build and roll-out products that deliver the company's vision and strategy.
- Collaborate with Product Manager on business and functional requirements and development priorities.
- Create, maintain, and communicate project status and schedule from initiation to release
- Lead project and development teams to scope and estimate product requirements within the SAFe model
- Work with development, QA, UI/UX, and creative teams to create project plans
- Determine how results will be measured; complete post-project evaluations to assess results
- Work with Product Manager to maintain and document high-level project scope, goals, and deliverables
- Provide regular updates to stakeholders on project progress and milestones
- Along with the Product Manager, is ultimately accountable for project results, and delivery of high-quality products
- Serve as a Scrum Master with a goal of maintaining focus on key issues
- Lead and motivate team members on a proactive basis
- Act as a mediator between team members and with external stakeholders when resource conflicts arise
- Determine need and assist in managing external consultants and contractors (as needed)
- Collaborate with other Project Managers to align the project with best practices when appropriate
- A Bachelor of Arts or Sciences Degree required, or equivalent experience. A Graduate Degree is preferred.
- Proven working experience managing software development or web projects, preferably in the educational technology market
- A minimum of 5-7 years experience managing cross-functional project teams
- Experience managing software and/or web-based projects throughout the development lifecycle and an aptitude for understanding technical concepts
- Familiarity and experience with project management tools and best practices - including Scrum/Agile Methodologies
- Experience using issue tracking tools (such as JIRA) to manage and schedule development tasks
- Skilled at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrix organization. Ability to work collaboratively with peers and executives across functions, facilitation experience.
- A proven record leading project teams
- Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills. Highly developed listening skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem-solving skills and solid technical background with an understanding of software development and web technologies