- Reporting to the Regional PMO Manager, this position is responsible for assigned projects within the Power Control Business where scope of supply consists of Motor Control Center Hardware Engineering Design, Third Party Purchased Items and Coordination of Post Shipment Engineering Services.
This includes but is not limited to:
- Managing and leading the engineering resources responsible for design and implementation of complex projects
- Establishing and managing project schedules including forecasting
- Conducting regular project status meetings with key project stakeholders as required
- Managing scope of supply and process all required change orders
- Maintaining or improving order margins
- Monitoring all designs to applicable codes, customer specifications and design practices
- Creates an environment conducive to successful team interaction.
- Frequently consults on projects led by others providing input on high-level design issues
Specific Project ManagementResponsibilities
- Manage both projects and business metrics
- Initiate, Plan, Execute & Control and Close all projects
- Project Management tasks include kickoff meeting, manage project budget, develop and manage project schedule, effective use of assigned resources, drive open issues to resolution, anticipate and manage project risk (financial, schedule, technical, commercial), effective project communication with customer, engineering and manufacturing, escalate to management when required, customer satisfaction and acceptance
- Project Management business metrics include on-time performance of all project milestones, minimize cycle time between milestones, change order revenue, project margin, shipment forecast, quality metrics, warranty costs and customer experience
- Responsible for successful project implementation starting with marketingsupport on proposal generation through startup/final customer acceptance
- Leads the technical team responsible for the design, implementation and test phases of complex systems projects in order to meet multiple project schedules, budgeted hours and customer satisfaction targets
- Additionally, interface to other Rockwell Automation divisions including sales, vendors, consultants, contractors, OEM's, subcontractors, subsystem suppliers, internal business resources, management, finance, commercial engineering, quality, operations scheduling team and plant personnel.
- Responsible for reporting/controlling of total project costs. Responsible for ensuring that project costs match scope of work and reflect all change orders to meet customer requirements. This responsibility includes creating, maintaining and forecasting project costs using SAP business system
- Define and monitor the use of business and industry standards where applicable
- Review application and evaluate risks and develop solution plan to mitigate risk Confirm and coordinate all customer shipping requirements in order to obtain customer shipping release in order to meet forecast targets
- Interact with post shipment support group when applicable to resolve any field complaints as quick as possible
- Product knowledge of motor control centers and associated products (drives, starters, feeders, etc.)
- Application Knowledge of the key customer industries including Oil & Gas, Water/Waste Water, and Food and Beverage
- Minimum 4-year engineering degree from an accredited college or university.
- 5+ years project management experience with industrial controls
- Legal authorization to work in the US is required. We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job opening
- Previous industrial controls experience
- Experience with Allen-Bradley Motor Control Centers
- Project Management Professional (PMP) is preferred
- LeanSix Sigma background (yellow belt, green belt, black belt)