Project Manager - Road & Highway
Parsons extensive experience in this field, combined with your 12+ years of experience coordinating complex road and highway projects through all phases of project inception, programming, design, and close-out will propel your career and leadership opportunities forward. We need our Project Managers to be versatile, enthusiastic to work in highly flexible, team-oriented environments that have exceptional communication, analytical and organizational skills Responsibilities:
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Experience in preparing correspondence, written reports, and presentations for clients and senior personnel.
- Scheduling and coordination of project interactions
- Ability to manage inter-disciplinary teams of professionals
- Ability to integrate competing and/or conflicting elements into the planning and execution processes so that project requirements flow smoothly.
- Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments, other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work.
- Discusses the qualifications required of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers.
- Acts as the Company representative with the client and selected subcontractors during the program execution.
- Negotiates changes to the scope of work with the client and key subcontractors.
- Markets and secures additional work with client.
- May participate in negotiations with regulatory agencies and in public meetings in support of clients.
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Establishes the program requirements for all areas of the project, and monitors the draft and final deliverables for adherence to these criteria. Responsible for the development and distribution of a one to two-page description of the project to all members of the project team for reference.
- Works with other managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to develop budgets, schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans.
- Works with the key project individual to devise and execute actions plans to rectify potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes. The Project Manager is specifically responsible for maintaining current and timely change orders.
- Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes.
- 4-yeardegree in Civil Engineering or a related technical/business field
- 12-15 years of related engineering management experience on large scale urban road, highway, arterial and collector street programs
- PE Registration is required for this role.
- Incumbent should have a broad general technical and business background.
- Professional registration may also be required.
- Must have the ability to manage projects, interface with clients and enjoy being hands on technically in the project. Our Project Managers still get very involved in the designs on the project.
- Comprehensive knowledge of industry standards
- Incumbent must meet Parsons' project management certification requirements. Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications