Google accountants are a savvy bunch who handle the core accounting responsibilities at Google. As a member of this team, you know your accounting principles and the full accounting process end to end. You'll advise on financialreports required by governmental regulations, and you'll review, analyze, and interpret financial and budgetary reports -- and all this sounds like fun to you. Every day is a new challenge, and you're continually looking for ways to help our team get better at what we do, in the most efficient way possible. A team player at heart, you collaborate with our global team, advocate best practices and roll up your sleeves to pitch in when it's all hands on deck. You move fast while keeping your attention to detail, and you tap into your problem-solving skills to support Google's business objectives.
The Accounting System Support and Enhancements team are Project Managers that have the opportunity to work with Financial Operations, Engineering, Treasury, Internal Audit, and more teams in addition to supporting all Accounting and Compliance teams at Google.
The name Google came from "googol," a mathematical term for the number 1 followed by 100 zeros. And nobody at Google loves big numbers like the Finance team when providing in depth analysis on all manner of strategic decisions across Google products. From developing forward-thinking analysis to generating management reports to scaling our automated financialprocesses, the Finance organization is an important partner and advisor to the business.
- Manage accounting requirements for cross-functional financial systems projects. Ensure overall compliance.
- Evaluate information gathered from multiple sources, identify gaps and decompose high-level information into details to drive decision-making.
- Identify opportunities for process improvements and drive implementation of the solutions. Work with cross functional partners in Finance and Engineering to support development of Google’s business growth supportinfrastructure, including Data Warehousing, reporting and analytics platforms.
- Analyze system financial data and make sure all recorded activity is accurate and reconciled.
- Create business cases and business requirements documents, design UAT plan and perform related testing, manage project roadmaps, prioritize initiatives and provide periodic status/progress updates.
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience.
- 4 years of relevant experience in accounting, finance or a similar field with an emphasis in systems and scaling processes.
- Experience in leading system launches.
- Experience in SQL.
- Knowledge of standard finance systems (e.g. Oracle, Hyperion, etc).
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a cross-functional, fast-paced environment.
- Effective problem solver, with the ability to drive multiple projects and implement process improvements.
- Effective project management and analytical skills, combined with impeccable business judgment and ability to communicate with management.