Project Manager - Residemntial Construction
5 - 7 years experience • Construction
Position Title Project Manager - Residential Construction - CA #3828 Relocation No Location San Francisco CA Summary/Objective The project manager position is responsible for representing the firm with clients and consultants on virtually any range of subjects related to constructionand for making decisions on behalf of the firm.
* Supervise all on-site construction activities and manages assigned projects from start to finish
* Directs team members (employees and consultants) at all levels of contract administration
* Manages and assigns job duties for laborers
* Controls multiple projects at various stages of work
* Consults with clients to determine functional and spatial requirements of new structure or renovation, and prepares information regarding design, specifications, materials, color, equipment, estimated costs and construction time.
* Plans, layouts of projects and integrates engineering elements into unified design for team and client review and approval.
* Checks a set of drawings and prepares feedback for team
* Details any type of building. Prepares scale drawings and contract documents for building contractors.
* Performs quality take-offs and accurate budget estimates in order to produce proposals defining scope, costs and schedules
* Represents clients in obtaining bids and awarding construction contracts.
* Oversees the administration of construction contracts and conducts onsite observation of work during construction to monitor compliance with plans.
* Directs activities of workers engaged in preparing drawings and specification documents.
* Monitors project budget and prepares project modification documentation, as needed
* Directs on-site safety programs and meetings
* Provides and maintains the construction schedule throughout the project
* Resolves problems as they arise from the plans and specifications, unknown existing conditions, conflicts
* Works professionally with architects, engineers, designers, subcontractors, vendors and clients
* Ensures that all construction work performed is of the highest quality Competencies
* Project Management
* Results Driven
* Time Management
* Problem Solving/Analysis
* Financial Management
* Communication Proficiency Supervisory Responsibility Directly supervises two or more employees and consultants involved in each project. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include training employees; planning, assigning and directing work, addressing complaints and resolving problems. Work Environment While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne particles, moving mechanical parts and vibration. The employee is occasionally exposed to a variety of extreme conditions at construction job sites. The noise level in the work environment and job sites can be loud. Employee to take necessary precautions pertaining to the project conditions.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position which will typically involve 50+ hours a week.
Due to the nature of the job, the employee must be available on-call early/late hours to deal with delays, project related meetings or functions, bad weather and emergencies at the job site.
Travel The employee may travel extensively when the construction site is not close to the main office or when responsible for activities at two or more sites
. Bottom line requirements we need notes on with candidate submittal:
1. 5+ years of residential construction project management.
2. Local or close enough for a short easy move.