Our Core Values
Every decision we make is guided by our core values. By upholding these six principles, we support our clients, employees, and community. They are the compass we follow as we continue to grow our business and lead the industry.
Quality – We provide high-quality deliverables and services through an uncompromising focus on peer review, safety, and continuous improvement.
Accountability – Our actions demonstrate the highest levels of professionalism, integrity, and respect.
Our People – We value diverse perspectives, encourage professional growth, and are committed to providing a work community where people thrive. Our work is challenging but rewarding.
Our Clients – We deliver value and exceed our clients’ expectations through outstanding customer service, personal accessibility, and clear communication.
Innovation – Since 1891, we have invested in the people, training, tools, and technology needed to quickly adapt in a constantly changing world.
Meaningful Impact – We make a positive impact in the communities where we work and live.
This position offers you the opportunity to work in a project team environment with other engineers and designers involved in the detailed electrical design and project management of utility-scale renewable energy projects. As a Project Manager in our Electric Grid Infrastructure Services business unit you will:
- Interact with renewable energy developers during the development or project conception phase and support the execution of engineering and design project work.
- As a Renewable Energy Project Manager, you will take an active role in all aspects of the project, from project conceptualization, work planning, project design and project execution.
- You will work on challenging assignments that include investigating, trouble-shooting, and problem solving a wide variety of challenges related to renewable energy facility designs and integration of new assets with existing infrastructure.
- You will be responsible for client relationships, mentoring team members, overseeing projects, prepare reports that present technical and project information in a clear and concise manner and meet client requirements and S&L formats, support interconnection applications and actively support the growth of our renewable energy group.
- Develop your career via peer-learning through sharing of knowledge with other experienced engineers by way of S&L’s systems of process and associated “Communities of Practice.”
- In addition, you may have the opportunity to travel to client sites as needed.
Dependent upon your location, this opportunity offers a generous relocation package. S&L is actively expanding our renewable energy teams to our Glendale, AZ and Denver, CO offices.
We do not sponsor employees for work authorization in the U.S. for this position.
Essential skills and experience:
- This position requires a BSEE degree from an ABET-accredited engineering program.
- A Master’s degree in a business (e.g., MBA) or engineering discipline is a plus.
- 15 or more years of experience in the renewable energy industry.
- Experience with electrical collection system designs.
- Experience with renewable energy technologies (i.e., wind, solar, battery energy storage, etc.).
- Experience in electrical grid interconnections (i.e. single line design, permit application, compliance with electrical codes and utility standards, etc.).
- Experience with detailed design activities associated with renewable energy projects.
- Experience with owner’s engineering activities during renewable energy project execution is a plus.
- Experience with battery energy storage system designs and/or energy management system designs is a plus.
Also extremely important:
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills.
- Experience writing technical reports and proposals.
- Solid interpersonal skills and ability to work with and guide others.
- Project planning and leadership skills.