- Coordinates completion of defined work scope for a project between disciplines/locations involved.
- Assists in preparation of project specifications and reviews progress as drawings are developed and prior to issue for permit and construction.
- Monitors changes in scope/schedule and prepares Change Authorizations as required.
- Develops, reviews and approves all project management documents via the DTSR including: scope development, project costs and schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Supervises the preparation of proposals, project specification/scopes and assists in negotiating final contracts.
- Monitors project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develops innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercises cost efficient and innovative approaches in the design to save construction costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipates, recognizes and identifies key project issues/problems and establishes objectives and priorities in solving them and determines solutions and directs their implementation.
- Supports business and relationship development activities of the Refining Business.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years project managementexperience in a consulting organization
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Engineering discipline
- PMP Certification
- Working knowledge of AutoCAD
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and contract/liability issues
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
Physical Demands: The characteristics described below are representative of those encountered while performing the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing duties of this job, the employee will:
- frequently be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools or controls;
- occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds;
- frequently use close vision, distance vision, depth perceptions, and the ability to adjust focus.