STV, Inc. currently has an opening in our New York, NY office for a Project Manager – Rail/Transit in our Transportation and Infrastructure division. The Program Manager to manage Mega Rail/Transit project who’s accountable for planning, scope development, design management, and construction administration for all assigned capital projects. Candidate should work independently with multi-discipline A&E disciplines managing $1B+ program. The PM will be responsible to manage all the major activities and allocate the resources.
In the role of Project Manager, we'll count on you to:
- Take responsibility for all aspects of client and design-team management of commuter, short line, freight, transit and class-one rail projects
- Coordinate the planning and environmental process; manage the assembly of plans, specifications and construction estimate packages
- Serve as a technical expert with recognized authority in an area of specialization that resolves problems of greater scope and complexity while planning and developing projects or designing activities that have significant impact on major company programs
- Be able to plan, organize and supervise work of medium to large staff of professionals and technicians
- Serve as Project Manager on larger projects as needed; project management is not sole focus of position
- Serve as a high-level point of contact between the client and STV
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 10+ years of experience in railway engineering and managing complex multidisciplinary railway projects
- NY PE License is a must
- Skilled in technical report writing, communicating including presenting to clients and the public
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team on railway projects
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, architecture, or a satisfactory equivalent, and a minimum of fifteen (15) years of satisfactory, full-time related experience, including at least ten (10) years of managerial/supervisory experience.
- Significant experience in project management for capital projects of major magnitude and scope, including at least fifteen years of architectural/engineering, design, and constructionproject managementexperience.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- In-depth knowledge of Rail/Transit design standards
- Familiarity with transit operations and facilities.
- Must be able to fulfill essential job functions in a consistent state of alertness and safe manner.
STV is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.