The Senior Project Manager will specialize in new product development, processes and metrics and be responsible for all project management aspects of a project. You will be leading the cross-functional project team through all phases of the product development process and collaborating with the technical lead on planning and executing projects or portions of a project through product launch, commercialization, and post market surveillance. You will participate in our compliance program-related activities as denoted by your supervisor or Chief Compliance Officer. You will also be expected to develop a working knowledge of our product lines and various spinal pathologies.
In this exciting role, you will:
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop and maintain project plans.
- Create, monitor and analyze project risks and identify mitigation strategies.
- Be responsible for all project communications to all cross-functional project stakeholders, which may include: project websites, meeting minutes, status reports, presentations, and any other detailed project information needed.
- Be main point of contact for all internal stakeholders (manufacturing, accounting, purchasing, sterilization, packaging, regulatory, quality, clinical, etc.) regarding project activities.
- Work with project team to identify and address critical path or road block issues.
- Define and manage key project constraints such as scope, schedule, budget, and resources.
- Ensure project plans and deliverables are compliant with appropriate design control procedures and any other applicable procedures and/or regulations.
- Be the liaison with group manager or stakeholder managers as needed to ensure project goals are achieved.
- Know and follow all laws and policies that apply to the job and maintain the highest levels of professionalism, ethics and compliance at all times.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in Business, Engineering or related field is required.
- A minimum 5 years’ relevant experience is required.
- Experience managing projects is required.
- Experience in product development, from early development through launch is highly preferred.
- PMP Certification is preferred.
- Experience in the medical device industry is preferred.
- Proficiency in the following project management knowledge areas: effective collaboration, integration, scope, time, cost, quality, resourcing, communication, risk and procurement are highly preferred.
- Experience managing geographically dispersed teams is preferred.
- Developed leadership capabilities and negotiation skills, as well as developed communication skills to effectively assimilate and communicate complex information from multiple sources is required.
- Ability to recognize and lead the resolution of project issues and road blocks is also required.
- Excellent verbal, written and presentation skills are required.
- Proficiency utilizing the MS Office Suite (Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is required.
- Familiarity with project lifecycle management (PLM) software is preferred.