The Project Manager-R&D Renal Care reports to the Director Program Management-R&D Renal Care and provides business and technical leadership for major, high-complexity programs (e.g., Baxter Top Projects) within the Franchise, leading project teams through the identification, justification, prioritization, initiation, development and implementation processes. This position will lead their teams in financial analysis including market research, cash flow, capital, and program positioning, and will collaborate with marketing, legal and purchasing to develop and negotiate contracts. The Project Manager will interact with and influence senior internal and external stakeholders, and will make launch date commitments to businesses, and manage stakeholder expectations with regard to Baxter deliverables during the program. This position will serve as a champion of product lifecycle management processes recognizing how project results impact the overall success of the organization and will develop core team and project management capabilities across the organization.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Accountable for core team performance, program schedule and execution, budget commitments and spend
- Leads team in defining program strategies, developing goals, and orchestrating team appraisal process
- Provides clear direction on product lifecycle management requirements to meet expectations of external customers and business stakeholders
- Interacts through program updates and reviews with all functions and levels of management ensuring effective ongoing communications across teams and stakeholders
- Ensures identification and communication of project risks, development of risk plan and proactive management of risk response strategies
- Anticipates potential conflict situations for proactive solutions and manages conflict situations to result in win-win outcomes
- Maximizes business results through continuous improvement in organization's ability to execute programs from identification through implementation.
- MBA/MS or Bachelor's degree required.
- At least 4 years of product life cycle experience including 2+ years project management experience with demonstrated success leading multi-site, global or enterprise-wide programs in the medical products industry.
- Design control experience in Medical Device and/or Drugs.
- Role model of Vital Behaviors and Leadership Essentials.
- Understanding of Good Manufacturing Practices, Good Laboratory or Clinical
- Expertise in all aspects of program management.
- Demonstrated ability to supervise and develop others.
- PMI or IPMA or equivalent certification desired.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Baxter is an equal opportunity employer. Baxter evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, protected veteran status, disability/handicap status or any other legally protected characteristic.