DEPARTMENT: T-Mobile/PBS Public Safety STATUS: Project, Full-Time Hours, Exempt (Funded through July 2020)
JOB OBJECTIVE: The T-Mobile Translator Relocation Program supports over 350 translators to public broadcasting stations to relocate displaced translators to new permanent channels. The Project Manager works closely with T-Mobile to execute a project plan that ensures that the program timeline is consistent with T-Mobile’s priorities. The position is responsible for assisting stations in developing applications for funding; overseeing project reporting from each grantee; and developing regular reporting to T-Mobile and internal stakeholders. ESSENTIAL DUTIES:
- Manage the full life-cycle of the T-Mobile Translator Relocation Program, from scope definition and development of project goals through site launch.
- Develop a detailed project plan, communicate to stakeholders, and track & measure progress.
- Establish and maintain relationships with all stakeholders, including those within PBS, external partners and vendors; coordinate with stakeholders to ensure effective project execution.
- Ensure that projects are delivered on-time, on-budget and within-scope.
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule, and costs.
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks.
- Report and escalate obstacles to management as needed.
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED: 6 years’ experience project managing large-scale technical project. Previous public media experience a plus.
MINIMUM EDUCATION/TRAINING REQUIRED: Bachelor’s degree in communications or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience in digital content production and project management may be considered.
- Proficient with project management software is required. SalesForce is strongly preferred.
- Past experience with project management in a digital field.
- Exceptional organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to successfully manage high-profile and sensitive relationships.
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written.
- Ability to collaborate with all levels of staff on cross-functional teams.
- Ability to plan, prioritize, and execute overlapping assignments.
- Working knowledge of web development technologies and the opportunities they afford.