PURPOSE: Develop, design and quote robotic welding solutions as an in-house automation expert. Work with field sales and customers directly to provide pre-sale application vetting, robotic proposal development, and post-sale support.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Develop proposals for robotic system solutions that solve real customer welding needs (lack of quality, production, personnel, etc.).
- Create strong relationships with both internal and external customers to drive territory sales goals.
- Create project budgets which drive the profitability of the division and company.
- Assist with project justification using simulation software, cycle time analysis and ROI calculations.
- Travel to customer locations to interact with project teams and business owners (10% Typical).
- Follow-up with quote/order design input: assisting Project Engineer with equipment/system design as needed for orders and assisting Design Engineering group with new system /equipment concepts.
- Assisting the Marketing Manager with trade shows: layout, demos, setup, and participation as required.
- Provides in-house demonstrations and tours as necessary.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assumes additional responsibilities as needed or directed in support of the Company’s 2025 Strategy.
- Degree in Bachelors of Science in Engineering or related field.
- Minimum 5 years engineering, design, or project experience.
- Minimum 1-5 years in customer facing role (Sales preferred).
- Must be familiar with the Contract Review and Design Control procedures as they apply to proposals.
- Understanding of project margins, costing and how they affect the business.
- Excellent phone and interpersonal skills with internal and external customers.
- Ability to interface with personnel at all levels of the organization.
- Must have a general understanding of PC Computer systems/software; including the production computer system and system layout software used for quotes/demos.
- Has in-depth knowledge in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines
- Ability to solve complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions.
- Works independently; receives minimal guidance.
- May lead projects or project steps within a broader project or have accountability for ongoing activities or objectives.
- Acts as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- May represent the level at which career may stabilize for many years or even until retirement.