DEA is currently searching for a Professional Engineer to fill a Project Manager/Project Engineer role in our Land Development business unit, based out of our Las Vegas, NV office. The work will include management and design of a wide variety of land development projects. This individual will work with a team of technical staff to produce entitlement and construction plans and supporting documentation.
Will also be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assisting in the overall management of a project, including preparing of proposals, work plans and workload projections; serving as point of contact for clients on some projects.
- Helping resolve project design issues, providing project coordination, and helping maintain positive client and staff relationships.
- Providing overall technical design leadership to ensure client expectations are met for quality, schedule, and budget.
- Providing technical reviews; implementing DEA’s quality assurance and quality control procedures.
- Tracking progress and monitoring project financial performance.
- Assigning staff and delegating work; coaching less experienced engineering staff.
- Optimizing project execution to assure compliance with the scope of work and design criteria.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree
- Professional Engineering License
- 8+ years of recent experience related to land development projects
- Demonstrated experience with permitting and entitlement processes
- Understanding of low impact development and sustainable design practices
- AutoCAD and Civil 3D design software skills
- Microsoft Project and/or other project management software
- Nevada Professional Engineering License
- 15+ years of experience related to land development projects
- 7+ years of experience managing technical staff
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability and Life Insurance
- Health Savings and Lifestyle Spending Account with employer contribution
- Support for continuing education and training opportunities
- Paid Time Off (PTO)/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
- Holistic Wellbeing Program with a focus on physical, emotional, financial, career and community health
- Opportunity for growth with support and mentoring to help with professional goals