Project Manager / Project Engineer
DEA is currently searching for a Project Manager/Project Engineer to fill a role in our Land Development business unit in either our Woodinville and/or Everett, WA office. The work may include municipal, commercial, residential, street improvements, utility plans, and roadway design, construction documents and all supporting documentation. This individual will work with technical staff and assist Sr. staff in resolving project design issues, project coordination and project scoping.
Will also be responsible for but not limited to the following:
- Assisting in the overall management of a project, including supervision and oversight, plan and report preparation, permitting, preparation and monitoring of budgets and schedules, and maintaining positive client and staff relationships.
- Serve as point of contact for clients on some projects and provide overall technical design leadership to ensure client expectations are met for quality, schedule, and budget.
- Provide technical reviews, develop quality assurance and quality control procedures for projects, demonstrate planning skills, design and constructionschedule, and development of cost estimating and project budgets.
- Optimize project execution to ensure successful financial performance.
- Assure compliance with the scope of work and design criteria.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or equivalent degree.
- Professional Engineering License
- 5+ years of recent experience related to land development projects
- Demonstrated experience with permitting processes
- Understanding of smart-growth and sustainable design practices
- AutoCAD and general design software skills, including Civil 3D
- Microsoft Project and/or other project management software
- Washington State Professional Engineering License
- Western Washington Hydrology Model (WWHM) proficiency
- Medical, Dental, Vision, and Life Insurance
- Vacation/Sick/Holiday Pay
- 401k and Employee Stock Owner Ship Program (ESOP)
- Flexible 9/80 (every other Friday off) work schedule
Land Development Jobs with DEA:
Dave Evans built a successful professional services consulting firm based on his skill in designing residential communities. Since 1976, DEA has been recognized for preparing innovative designs that balance growth with environmental sensitivity. Today, our land development experts not only thoughtfully design residential communities, we find workable, creative solutions for complex land development projects, including industrial and transit-oriented development; commercial, retail, and entertainment projects; parks and recreation facilities; streetscapes; and master planned communities. DEA also excels at redevelopment. Converting blighted industrial areas into attractive mixed-use communities, mineral extraction sites into clean industry locations, and industrial waterfronts into gathering places are the kind of projects that speak to DEA’s core purpose of improving the quality of life while demonstrating stewardship of the built and natural environments.
DEA Inc. is proud to be an AA/EEO employer and all qualified candidates will receive consideration without regard to characteristics protected by applicable local, state or federal law, such as race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information or sexual orientation.
Job Code: 2079