Project Manager ( Program Management Digital Portfolio )
8 - 10 years experience • Manufacturing / Diversified
Art Van Furniture, the Midwest’s largest Furniture and Mattress retailer, is seeking an experienced eCommerce Project Manager to join our team as Project Manager - Program Management DigitalPortfolio.
In this high visibility / high impact position, directly reporting to the Chief Digital Officer for Art Van Furniture, you will be in charge of overseeing the technical application design, construction and implementation for assigned accounts and projects. The goal of the position is to assist eCommerce in achieving the roadmap to success. We are rapidly expanding our digital team as part of an aggressive multi-year growth strategy.
You will have responsibility for collaborating with developers to provide technical direction on systems analysis, design, development, testing and implementation.
In addition, the position will be responsible for the following:
- Manage project planning and execution for Ecommerce and supporting system development including release planning, resource forecasting & planning, schedule management and supervision of project resources.
- Provides project planning support and execution for system integrations between internal systems and with outside partners.
- Proactively identify and resolve time-sensitive project issues, interdependencies, and conflicts.
- Work with internal resources and external vendors & partners to ensure functional and regression testing is completed for the Art Van site development releases
- Oversee test planning and administration for system integrations, including basic integrations between ATG and OMS and full end-to-end testing of integrations that include both internal systems and outside partners
- Create and deliver regular reports on project status, including schedules, resource plans and budgets
- Keep management and key stakeholders well informed on a timely basis on project progress, status and/or concerns.
- Prioritize project activities; determine feasibility of activities and assign terms to activities.
- Ensure timely and effective delivery of the solution into production.
- Document technical requirements, develop and oversee project plans and implement change control procedures in accordance with departmental procedures.
- Reviews, analyzes and enhances existing applications programs and programs in development to ensure efficiency and effectiveness of those programs.
- Authorities as detailed in the Company’s Standard Operating Procedures.
- Applies corporate values (PARTNERS).
The successful candidate will possess the following skills and experiences:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology or related field; or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.5+ years in a DigitalMarketing Organization leading content marketing efforts.
- 7+ years of technical project management experience, with at least 2 of them in Ecommerce (preferably on the Demandware platform).
- Extensive experience managing multiple highly complex simultaneous projects involving cross-functional project teams within budgetary and schedule constraints Creative thinker and problem solver.
- Extensive understanding of project management principles, methods and techniques.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including demonstrated ability to customize communication strategy to a given target audience.
- Outstanding analytical skills with attention to detail.
- Outstanding documentation, organization, time management, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage multiple initiatives simultaneously, exercise good judgment and be flexible in response to change.
- Experience with Agile Development Methodology and the Software Development Lifecycle.
- Very strong knowledge of MS Project, MS Office Suite, JIRA and/or other bug-tracking tools.
Job Reference #: 1638