Project Manager/Product Manager – Research & Development
Technical Requirements (MUST haves):
- Experience with end-to-end product delivery
- IT knowledge (infrastructure, networks, apps, etc.) & Project Management background…someone who can run through project plans, scopes, etc. (no certs needed)
- Strong communication skills, self-starter, and someone who's partnered with vendors (example above is working with external vendor on platform upgrade)
Corporate JD below, but broke down understanding concepts around end to end service and project managing that delivery from start to finish (project plans, scopes, working with technical folks in R&D, etc.); estimating 70% of this job will be operational such as measuring and monitoring concepts, properly planning upgrades to platform, vendor management with their software lab ops platform and others, scorecoding, handling crisis outages, etc.; 30% of job is strategy such as building 3 years roadmap for service area, cost reduction or improving analytics long-term
This role is responsible for ensuring the quality of all technology services, projects, tools, providers and processes that the R&D and Commercialization teams within the R&D and Supply Chain functions rely on to operate effectively. This position will be responsible for engaging directly and regularly with R&D and appropriate Supply Chain business partners to understand their objectives, processes, opportunities, and challenges, to participate in developing and delivering an aligned and prioritized strategic IT roadmap. This roadmap must be designed to substantially transform R&D and Commercialization processes with digital technologies and to deliver on their core business needs while remaining aligned with Global IT strategies.
- Accountable for end-to-end IT service quality for the assigned scope of the R&D and Commercialization service area.
- Lead or assist in leading delivery of key projects for Commercialization and R&D on time, on scope, and ensuring realization of the projected benefits
- Assist in developing the R&D and Commercialization IT Roadmap as an input to the total Supply Chain and R&D IT strategy. This roadmap will establish clear linkage between functional needs, IT capability, and the desired outcomes. This roadmap will prioritize the transformation of business processes for effectiveness and efficiency through the application of digital capabilities such as analytics, robotic automation, business process management platforms, artificial intelligence, machine learning, VR/AR/Voice, etc.
- Successfully execute against annual project roadmap in accordance with Campbell standard project management methodologies, focused on delivering the benefits and success criteria agreed to by the project sponsors.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the work processes which are critical to successfully achieving our R&D and Commercialization teams' primary mission and functional objectives
- Take an architectural view, as well as develop, document and maintain a deep understanding of the systems, technical architecture, interfaces, and underlying processes for the IT systems in the scope of this space
- Accountable for some Commercialization and R&D aspects of mergers, acquisitions and divestitures, including due diligence assessments, integration and separation planning and project execution.
- Build trust-based relationships through engagement with R&D and Supply Chain team members
- Manage demand, investment planning and value capture for IT solutions and services
- Participate and contribute to the Strategic Planning and Annual Operating Plan processes, help define and communicate top functional priorities
- Communicate IT Strategy and Value as required
- Become and remain knowledgeable on external trends and relevant products in Information Technology generally and in R&D / Commercialization Technology specifically.
- Build a strong understanding of digital technologies (VR/AR, Machine Learning, Artificial Intelligence, Crowdsourcing, etc.) and how they can potentially benefit business goals and practices
- Develop and maintain a working knowledge of the IT Service Catalog as a baseline of available offerings
- Active ownership of IT communications regarding all IT activities which could impact the end-user experience (planned service outages, system upgrades)
- Single point of contact and ownership with business partners on major IT disruptions
- Key systems in-scope include project and portfolio management systems, business process management systems, internal and external idea generation and crowdsourcing Systems, commercialization related reporting and insights, lab and experimentation management systems, and other systems as assigned
-R&D product delivery
-$85,000/year - $95,000/year + bonus (based on level of experience)
-Comprehensive benefit package; Medical, Dental, Vision