Project Manager, Principal
Mobilizes company resources, through liaison with support departments,other offices, or subsidiaries, to create project teams capable of completing effective, quality work. Discusses thequalificationsrequired of the key project positions in specific detail with the profit center and department managers. Collaborates with the office facilities staff to address project space requirements. Works withother managers, project engineers, and discipline leads to developbudgets,schedules, and plans for the various elements of a project. Ensures that the project meets or exceeds goals established in these plans. Works with the key project individuals to devise and execute actions plans to mitigate potential cost overruns or delays, or to accommodate significant changes to the scope of work. Advises the client and company management of any such changes. The project manager is specificallyresponsible for maintaining current and timely change orders. Promotes technical and commercial excellence on the project through application of Quality Assurance processes. Monitors andreports to management on the progress of all project activity within the program, including significant milestones, and any conditions, which would affect project cost orschedule. Establishes weekly meeting to review project status and formulate action items.
Performs otherresponsibilitiesassociated with this position as may be appropriate
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: Four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering or related technical/business field and at least 15-20 years of related work experience is required. Incumbent must have a broad general technical and business background, as well as previous project management experience on similar or related projects. Professional registration is a plus.
- 10 years’ experience in a project management position with or as a contractor to a public utility company, preferably with natural gas distribution, transmission, and storage.
- 5 years’ field experience.
- Candidate needs experience with and knowledge of the specifications and criteria associated with Natural Gas Transmission Compressor Stations and be able to address any gaps in specification that could impact the project.
- Knowledge of Natural Gas Transmission Compressor Stations and all associated equipment.
- Knowledgeable in Inspection, Testing, Constructability and Commissioning procedures.
- Knowledge of the additional requirements associated with PHMSA regulated facilities
- Incumbent must meet Parsons’ project management certification requirements. Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required. In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.