At Capital One, we’re building a leading information-based technology company. Still founder-led by Chairman and Chief Executive Officer Richard Fairbank, Capital One is on a mission to help our customers succeed by bringing ingenuity, simplicity, and humanity to banking. We measure our efforts by the success our customers enjoy and the advocacy they exhibit. We are succeeding because they are succeeding.
Guided by our shared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for each other lead to superior results. We elevate each other and obsess about doing the right thing. Our associates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to change banking for good.
Project Manager, Principal Associate, Capital Markets/Balance Sheet Management
This role is a Principal Associate, Project Manager role within the Finance Central Delivery & Integration team. This team is a centralized delivery team leading Finance-wide strategic initiatives, where the work requires cross functional alignment. Experience in Finance, change management, project delivery and governance are critical to your success.
This role specifically will lead projects on behalf of Treasury, Balance Sheet Management, and Risk Analytics organization. Experience with these functions, systems, and processes is a plus.
- Work on large and small-scale projects that have a direct impact on the company.
- Drive projects based on defined priorities; ensure scope of deliverables, timelines and budget are met; identify risks and issues and mitigate and / or escalate as needed
- Plan, design, manage and execute project roadmaps and plans to ensure delivery. This activity includes management through feasibility, design, planning and implementation.
- Leverage problem solving skills to ensure project plans deliver on intent and maintain key project documentation
- Partner with project customers to provide strategic and tactical thought partnership to effectively drive project delivery
- Forge relationships with key stakeholders to ensure delivery of commitments
- Identify ways to improve and streamline business process
- Exhibit a proven track record of project management, bringing the ability to quickly put structure in place to manage the work
- Demonstrate outstanding communication and partnership skills which are essential for interacting and communicating with key stakeholders across all levels to manage, inform, and influence outcomes
- Demonstrate organizational agility to adapt to changing demands
- Display strong consulting and collaboration skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or Military experience
- At least 5 Years of Project Managementexperience
- Masters / MBA degree
- 7+ years of Project Managementexperience
- PMP, Lean, Agile or Six Sigma certification
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Strong problem solving and influencing skills
At this time, Capital One will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.