Venable LLP is seeking a Project Manager for our Baltimore Office to provide technical and strategic support to our legal teams. The Project Manager will work closely with the legal teams to manage projects through the litigation lifecycle, including developing project plans and budgets; consulting with legal teams to develop protocols and best practices; managing vendor and client relations; acquiring and implementing software; and providing general case-management support.
The ideal candidate will be responsible for…
- Working with legal teams to define the requirements, organization, and management of data for litigation and related investigations. Providing on-going advice on best and most efficient practices to process, review and manage data.
- Developing project design specification in coordination in consultation with legal team.
- Coordinating the collection of discovery related documents from clients, including vendor, client and attorney resources for collection of data.
- Reviewing and loading data into litigation databases and troubleshooting errors/technical issues.
- Serving as a technical liaison with vendors or the firm’s Information Technology (IT) Department to resolve issues.
- Supporting trial and deposition teams in use of firm technology, and or client/vendor hardware necessary for trial.
The successful candidate will demonstrate…
- Previous litigation support or similar legal experiencerequired, including previous experience working independently with clients and litigation teams.
- Minimum three years project management experience.
- Minimum of three experience analyzing, configuring and implementing software to meet user needs.
- In-depth experience with litigation support software (Relativity, Concordance, Text Map, LAW, IPRO, and other similar litigation support software), eDiscovery applications, network environments, word processing, relational database and spreadsheet applications to coordinate technical resources for practice group support projects, including equipment, staffing and software/applications
- Ability to define requirements for litigation support and prepare ESI protocols and make recommendations for use; requires ability to develop related implementation plans, including developing specifications and time requirements for changes and/or developments in firm software and hardware applications
- Understanding of various data storage methodologies, including effective methods for extracting information from source data using evidentially defensible methods; strategies for converting extracted data to reviewable form; various review methodologies and systems, including vendor-hosted solutions; and methods of effective electronic production
- Strong communication and customer service acumen