Merrick & Company is seeking a Project Manager with extensive power generation experience to join our growing Energy Business Unit. Projects will entail site evaluations, complex engineering studies, and detailed engineering services.
The position will be located in San Antonio, TX and include travel to client sites and other Merrick locations to support the expanding practice. Merrick is currently performing work in the power generation market in multiple US locations and now has the need for representation in San Antonio.
- Direct and manage multi-discipline teams of design engineers and technicians on power generation projects
- Contribute to business planning exercises for the Energy Business Unit
- Work closely with the Business Unit management team to advance growth, project delivery methods, staffing and financial performance
- Demonstrate success in business development, project management, and leadership
- Implement all Merrick policies and procedures during project execution
- Work closely with clients to effectively define and deliver scopes of work
- Prepare and oversee proposals for site evaluations, engineering studies, and detailed design services
- Lead design teams and perform independent project planning, review designs by others, prepare construction documents, and managing the successful delivery of assigned projects
- Exercise initiative, judgment and knowledge commensurate with the responsibilities of the position.
- Demonstrate strong interpersonal skills to effectively interface with clients, design teams, suppliers, and Merrick management
- Manage multiple projects in a program fashion
- Travel to support project work
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical or ElectricalEngineering from an A.B.E.T. Accredited School
- Fifteen (15) plus years of experience in power generation industry strongly preferred
- At least five (5) years of demonstrated successful experience in Project Management of power related projects
- Established track record of success in business development and client satisfaction
- Strong technical design experience in power generation projects
- Strong written and verbal communications skills
- Professional Engineer (P.E.) license in Texas is required or ability to secure within six (6) months
- Client projects for this position require U.S. Citizenship
- The job requires the ability to access power generating sites and negotiated industrial access ladders and platforms.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as but not limited to: computers, phones, and copiers.
Apply online only. No e-mail, hard copy or third party resumes accepted.
Merrick & Company offers a competitive compensation and benefits package which includes; health insurance, dental and vision coverage, 401(k), unique work-life benefits, continuing education and training through the Merrick Learning Institute.
Merrick & Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We recognize the importance of developing top talent from within, our employees have access to a wide range of internal and external training and coaching programs and are rewarded for their achievements through excellent benefits and competitive salaries.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.