POND is currently seeking an experienced Project Manager to join our growing, award winning, Natural Gas group, located in our Atlanta corporate office. We are looking for self-starting, driven individual who will augment our strong team dynamic and embrace our client-first culture. This person must demonstrate a natural proclivity to take the initiative, be a leader and must have an objective of exceeding our clients’ expectations at every opportunity.
This Project Manager will lead, direct and manage every phase of critical natural gas projects to assure on-schedule completion within or below budget and in accordance with contractual obligations. Successful project managers at Pond share a team based operating philosophy and will be capable of directly managing and coordinating multiple disciplines assigned to a project along with managing sub-consultants.
The project manager will be responsible for the management of medium and large diameter pipeline projects, in-line inspection modification projects, enhanced GIS documentation projects as well as compressor, regulation and metering projects. Duties will include supervision of design, coordination with clients for material procurement and right of way, permit acquisition, bid solicitation, construction management and project closeout documents as well as management of sub-consultants. The individual will have excellent communications skills and will interface directly with POND leadership, clients and other personnel working on the project. Additionally, this individual will perform otherresponsibilitiesassociated with this position as may be appropriate including but not limited to short-term site visits, quality and constructability reviews, develop and train junior staff, build and develop client relationships and interact as required by scope during project construction, operations and commissioning.
The individual will be responsible for management of the internal POND project team including implementing necessary processes, procedures and quality assurance and quality control to meet the schedule and the budget.
The individual must possess a thorough understanding of the design requirements for pipelines, stations and the applicable 49 CFR Part 192 and 195 codes, ASME B31.8 as well as other applicable pipeline and station codes and permit requirements.
- Accredited Degree in one of the following: Civil/Structural Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, ElectricalEngineering, IndustrialEngineering or related field.
- 5-10 years of experience in the Oil & Gas industry (Natural Gas experiencepreferred)
- 5 Years of experience as a Project Manager or equivalent relevant experience (consulting environment preferred)
- Professional registration PE preferred.
- Thorough technical knowledge of pipeline related requirements and codes.
- Requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills, verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, negotiation, construction management and critical analysis skills, ability to work with people, and strong presentation skills.
Additional Experience Requirements
- Experience with operating companies as well as engineering companies is preferred.
- Experience with the FERC permitting process and with constructioninspection by PHMSA preferred.
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
- AutoCAD Civil 3D, Revit, Newforma, MS Office & Deltek Vision experiencepreferred.