Project Manager PMP with Finance or Legal background
Will consider candidates who are moving to the area, but our company will not pay for relocation.
Epiq Project Managers oversee the claims administration piece of class action litigation. Project Managers are the face of Epiq operations to our clients. Internally, they coordinate with our sales representatives, data analysts, web developers, call center supervisors, disbursement specialists, claims analysts and a host of other personnel to ensure project deliverables are met.
NOTE: The successful candidate will have a legal, financial background with experience dealing with Government/Contracts and will not have an IT centric PM background.
This position oversees one or more Project Coordinators in the Client Services department. The successful candidate will have a strong legal industry background with heavy EXTERNAL client facing, Experience in managing many different projects/timelines at once, Monitoring and evaluation of project metrics, and at least 3years managing direct reports. The successful candidate will have presentation experience, be a strong Influencer/negotiator, and coachable.
- Working w/ Sales on understanding new business expectations or issue resolution
- External communication w/ clients setting expectations, updating on deliverables, solving problems
- Internal operational meetings, developing/coaching direct reports/team – building relationships
- Multi-tasking several projects at once
- Managing Internal/External Reporting requirements
- Other organizational team meetings as needed
A Project Manager (PM) must meet critical client requirements, including but not limited to, the following key areas:
- Project FinancialRequirements – Provide timely and accurate budget/estimate review and management; monthly revenue forecasting; and monthly invoice review
- Project Execution & Resource Management – Continually monitor, evaluate and guide project staff to meet project deliverables on time, within budget and at the highest quality standards.
- Staff Develop (Project Coordinators) – Consistently applying performance standards and training to develop staff and build a high performing team of industry experts, passionate people managers, critical thinkers and strong problem solvers.
- Process Improvements – PMs should consistently be looking for way to improve Epiq processes and procedures to more profitably deliver services to our clients.
- Economic Objectives – PMs are expected to meet billable hour goals and oversee that similar targets are met for their direct reports.
Towards this goal, the PM will work with stakeholders in operational departments to continually enhance service quality standards to meet and/or exceed client expectations. This position is responsible for fostering a team environment and building cooperation between client services team members, intercompany team members, Epiq company team members, and sales to provide the highest quality service standards, reach revenue targets and obtain efficiency/profit goals.
The PM is directly or indirectly responsible for recruiting, training, supervising, and evaluating department staff, and establishing programs to ensure that department staff members are well trained and supported. A critical component of the job is to manage and resolve difficult client situations. Succession planning and building a strong talent pool is required.
RequiredQualifications & Characteristics:
- Extensive project managementexperience is required. Professional PMP certification through the Project Management Institute (PMI) is preferred.
- A strong technical orientation, excellent computer skills, exceptional planning and organizational skills, and a keen attention to detail are all required.
- Candidates with prior banking or financial service industry experience will be strongly preferred. Prior client service/project managementexperience is also preferred.
- Outstanding communication skills are required. Our clients are predominantly lawyers. Successful candidates will possess an understanding of the legal services industry coupled with a strong ability to communicate effectively with lawyers.
- A Bachelor’s degree is required. A Juris Doctorate (JD) or Masters of Business Administration (MBA) or similar advanced degree is preferred.