Thomson Reuters is seeking a high-energy, motivated individual who combines strong project management skills with business and technology acumen for this position. The primary function of this role will be supporting the delivery of the various projects within the company. The successful applicant will adapt the approach to the needs of the specific engagement, sometimes assuming the role of Program Manager, sometimes of Project Manager, and sometimes as Coach for team members.
This is a business-centric role where driving transformation is paramount. Candidates with familiarity with sales transformation initiatives involving cross-sell / upsell sales strategies are highly preferred. Candidates who can partner with business leaders to transform business processes and outcomes are preferred. This role will work with the division president, his direct reports, various, business partners and stakeholders to execute the program vision. Communication and business acument are critical to the success of this role. The role will be highly visible, including regular interaction with the business leadership team.
• Effectively manage project team conflicts, build collaborative partnerships with stakeholders and facilitate commitment and decision-making.
• Work in a collaborative manner within a matrix organization
• Provide project leadership and manage the day-to-day activities of project team members.
• Prepare and present program and project status updates to senior management.
• Oversee and monitor progress on complex and/or multiple projects relative to schedules, budgets and quality.
• Define, document and manage programs and projects, actively participating in all phases of the project life cycle.
• Maintain adequate project controls to ensure projects deliver agreed benefits.
• Identify, assess, and manage risks and issues.
• Interact occasionally with external vendors and customers, being able to represent and act in Thomson Reuters interest.
• Some travel may be required.
• Prior experience in driving sales transformation efforts involving upsell / cross sell strategies and the communication / change management skill sets required to deploy these efforts (Preferred)
• Demonstrated business acumen, preferably having experience in dealing with sales teams, back office teams, technology teams, presenting to senior management, etc. preferably operating under matrix organizations.
• Excellent team building and leadership skills
• Bachelor degree in relevant field or equivalent business experience
• 5 + years of solid project management experience, being able to act also as program manager in large, complex projects
• Demonstrated project planning and management skills with working knowledge of project management methodology, software as well as resource allocation and budgeting.
• Ability to conform to shifting priorities and proactively drive changes in project scope, timelines, and requirements
• Ability to elicit cooperation from a wide variety of sources: management, business unit contacts, and data center peers
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Strong negotiating, influencing, and conflict resolution skills
At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one - collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With more than 25,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance - and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law.
Req #: JREQ117761