About The Neenah Design Center
Plexus Engineering Solutions’ Center of Excellence for over 35 years, The Neenah Design Center is home to over 200 engineers and designers providing quality, innovative designs to our customers around the World. Residing in East-Central Wisconsin, The Fox Valley Region is one of the largest & fastest growing urban centers in the state, having been recognized as one of the “Best Small Places for Business and Careers” by Forbes.com while also being named one of the Top 10 Best Affordable Places to Live. With a population of more than 230,000, The Fox Valley offers a unique and attractive blend of urban lifestyle and small-town culture with a wide variety of recreational activities for the outdoor enthusiast, all conveniently located only a short drive from Green Bay, Madison, Milwaukee and Chicago.
About the Role
You will be utilizing your engineering product development experience, your business-savvy and your leadership skills to transform our customers' marketable ideas into manufacturable products. Plexus' Project Managers "own the project" and have broad authority and full responsibility for the business and technical success of their projects for products & customers across multiple industries. This is a high-impact leadership position in a professional technical environment that will grow you as a professional and open doors to a variety of career opportunities throughout Plexus.
- Develop the vision and direction for each project, taking our customers' ideas and creating new products
- Establish goals and develop your engineering design teams
- Be the "Face of Plexus," connecting Plexus to customers
- Be a leader and decision maker in our organization, driving improvement, new capabilities and growth
Ensure customer satisfaction, project and organization success through:
- Providing technical leadership and direction to cross-functional project teams to include the facilitation of team meetings and communications
- Balancing the needs of the customer and the needs of our employees and the business
- Developing and presenting project proposals and selling Plexus' capabilities to our customers and building long-term relationships that lead to future business
- Staffing projects with people that have the right mix of technical capabilities, knowledge and leadership skills
- Developing, managing and communicating project schedules and financial status
- Identifying, leading and performing activities to strengthen our organization's performance and capabilities.
- Mentoring and developing others
Skills & Abilities
- Strong project management skills and knowledge of project management principles
- Possess excellent communication, leadership, organization and decision-making skills
- Strong conflict resolution and negotiation skills
Education & Experience
- A Bachelor's degree in a technical field or equivalent experience is required for this position.
- A minimum of 4 years of technical project management experience is required.