Reporting to the Senior Director, Portfolio and Program Management within the DDP team, this position will provide Program / Project Management leadership for the Platform and Architecture Programs. These Programs have a significant impact on Visa's future revenue streams. Program management will holistically
encompass working across all business and technical units within Visa to drive overall program success. Comprehensive day-to-day management of multiple, cross functional, global software development projects, specifically within mission critical programs will be required.
The responsibilities will include but are not limited to: planning & resource management, conducting project kickoff meetings; defining project scope; facilitating technical, operational and/or business requirements definition for Product Development tasks; developing detailed baseline project plans; driving/ managing / tracking projects through each phase of the project lifecycle through to successful completion leveraging agile methodologies where necessary; communicating status, issues and risks to project stakeholders;
providing leadership to cross-functional project teams, and maintaining project documentation. This position will work closely with members of Product Management, UI/UX, Product Development, QA, Release Management, Implementation Management, and Operations teams, as well as with all levels of management within the organization. The DDP organization is also fully operational in Scaled Scrum delivery. This role will include complex project management that may involve developing processes and plans.
A strong candidate will have a solid experience with technology/ product program management, people management, x-functional team leadership, as well as superb skills in communications, business analysis, problem-solving, cross-team coordination, communications, project/program management, processes, and change management.
The ideal candidate is not just a facilitator or project plan tracker but ensures things get done.
The ideal candidate must have a drive to get things done and a "make it happen" attitude. To add here, this candidate must have strong experience in onsite/offsite collaboration.
Primary role of this job is to do onsite/offsite collaboration.
-10 years of work experience with a Bachelor's Degree or at least 8 years of work experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters/MBA/JD/MD) or at least 3 years of work experience with a PhD
- Master's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related discipline OR Bachelor's degree, or foreign equivalent, in Computer Science, Engineering or a closely related discipline
- Eight (8) years of overall work experience; and five (5) years specialized experience in project or program management.
- Candidate has a PMP or equivalent project management certification and has knowledge of working in an agile environment.
- Good familiarity with project management software tools; project management techniques; software development lifecycle in an e-commerce or web environment; scrum or agile experience.
- SME Knowledge of project management principles and Agile development methodologies
- Good attention to details, ability to think analytically and independently.
- Candidate should have solid experience with onsite/offsite collaboration experience
- Knowledge and hands-on experience of technical implementations of large scale, highly available, robust web/mobile and Payment Services applications.
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, and reach with hands and arms.
$140K - $160K
$180K - $200K