Project Manager - Planning, Design, & Construction
Join the #1 hospital in Wisconsin!
We are seeking a Project Manager - Facilities Planning, Design, and Construction to:
• Provide a range of project management duties for remodeling/alteration projects involving private contractors, design firms, and/or in-house personnel.
• Independently scope, develop, and manage projects of all types of complexity.
• Work with customers to define and optimize scope of proposed projects.
• Prepare conceptual plans required for project approval including preparation of timelines and budgets for remodeling and construction projects.
• Prepare records and reports on project progress including cost to date and projected final costs as scope or conditions change.
• Resolve problems and conflicts in contracts negotiate change orders when required and keep contract cost data current as change orders increase or decrease the cost.
• Manage a project team and diverse stakeholder group through all phases of a project.
• Coordinate and facilitate project team meetings, including agenda preparation, documentation of meeting discussion, and follow up items. Provide ongoing communication about project decisions.
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree Architecture, Engineering, Construction Management, or Business preferred
Preferred: Advanced Degree – MBA, Masters of Architecture, Masters of Engineering
Minimum: 3-8 years experience Project Management, Construction Administration, Facilities Planning or relevant related experience.
Preferred: 2-5 years experience in Healthcare
Required Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities:
• Demonstrated knowledge of Project Management, Construction Administration and Facility Planning best practices.
• Strong interpersonal and meeting facilitation skills.
• Strong negotiation and delegation skills.
• Ability to make judgments in demanding situations
• Ability to react to frequent changes in duties and volume of work
• Ability to manage multiple concurrent activities
• Basic understanding of business document production (i.e. spreadsheets, contracts, memos, etc.)
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Basic knowledge of quantitative analysis.
• Ability to work in a team environment and to collaborate with a variety of professionals.
• Communicator who strives to create win-win solutions
Sedentary: Ability to lift up to 10 pounds maximum and occasionally lifting and/or carrying such articles as dockets, ledgers and small tools. Although a sedentary job is defined as one, which involves sitting, a certain amount of walking and standing is often necessary in carrying out job duties. Jobs are sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally and other sedentary criteria are met.