What We're Looking For
The time is right to join HNTB! We are seeking a Project Manager within our Chicago, IL office. The Transportation Group is looking for an individual to manage preliminary design engineering efforts on a variety of Phase I transportation projects for State, County and Local Agencies. The project manager will be responsible for proactively managing the projects technical budget (direct labor and expenses, including technical sub-consultants), schedule, technical requirements, contractual obligations, project communications and HNTB's 4 for 4 performance: delivery of quality work, on time, on budget and to the client's satisfaction on every project.
Primary Focus Will Include:
- Manages project team to prepare and successfully deliver Phase I studies and design reports.
- Facilitates development of materials and attends Public Information Meetings / Public Hearings / Public Open House events.
- Responsible for leading and/or supporting the pursuit of new transportation planning and design work to support and grow the transportation group.
Preferred Qualifications and Skills:
What You'll Need
- Knowledge of IDOT/FHWA engineering practices, standards and documentation
- Familiarity with IDOT Context Sensitive Solutions (CSS) process
- Understanding of NEPA regulations and related policies to project development
- Excellent verbal and communication skills
- 10+ years of relevant experience
- Registered Illinois PE
Manages administrative tasks related to the project, including project team assignments and scheduling.
Serves as primary point-of-contact with client and other project consultants.
Estimates fees, determines work scope and prepares proposals and contracts for projects.
Coordinates all work efforts among project team, project sub-consultants and other disciplines as necessary.
Proactively manages budgets and schedules.
Reviews work of other project team members for accuracy and completeness.
Performs other duties as assigned. What You'll Need
- Performs technical discipline tasks including research, reports, design, specification and plan preparation to ensure the most efficient and cost-effective execution of assigned projects.
- Actively manages project scope, schedule and budget. Serves as the primary client liaison to bring the schedule, budgets and scope of work to completion and to the client's satisfaction.
- Implements the firm's project delivery plan using HNTB's Sophisticated Delivery Approach (SDA) on each project.
- Develops project scope and fee quotation, and assists in the preparation of proposals and contracts.
- Coordinates work efforts and reviews of work performed by project team. Supervises and mentors team to overall project objectives.
- Oversees project staffing with departments, offices and divisions.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering
- 8 years relevant experience
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
EOE including disability and vet
#HighwaysAbout UsFor more than a century, HNTB has helped deliver infrastructure solutions that best meet the unique needs of our clients. With client relationships spanning decades, we understand infrastructure life cycles and have the perspective to solve technical challenges with clarity and imagination. We are far more than a design firm. We see and help address far-reaching issues of financing, legislation, design, construction, community outreach and ongoing operations. As employee-owners committed to the highest levels of performance, we enable clients to achieve their goals and inspiring visions.Just like we are committed to delivering for our clients, HNTB is also committed to delivering for you by offering benefits to protect the health of you and your family, help you balance family and career, and build your savings for retirement. Learn more by visiting HNTB Total Rewards.HNTB is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer .HNTB does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy status, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, genetic information, citizenship status, or other status protected by law. We will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with a disability where appropriate.Work AuthorizationIn compliance with the Immigration Reform and Control Act of 1986, we will hire only U.S. citizens and aliens lawfully authorized to work in the United States (if the position is or will be one which is subject to U.S. law).Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is typically not available for entry level positions.
- HNTB participates in E-Verify
- Know your rights: Right to Work