The PM demonstrates excellent communication skills (verbal and written) and maintains specific knowledge of planning and scheduling functions and a thorough understanding of contract administration, liability and safety issues. The PM serves as the primary point of contact for the client and other outside consultants concerning the project.
- Coordinates completion of defined work scope for a project between disciplines/locations involved.
- Assists in preparation of project specifications and reviews progress as drawings are developed and prior to issue for permit and construction.
- Monitors changes in scope/schedule and prepares Change Authorizations as required.
- Develops, reviews and approves all project management documents via the DTSR including: scope development, project costs and schedules, and internal/external communications.
- Supervises the preparation of proposals, project specification/scopes and assists in negotiating final contracts.
- Monitors project costs and quality to ensure the profitability and technical performance of the project and develops innovative actions to correct variances to scope, budget and/or schedule.
- Exercises cost efficient and innovative approaches in the design to save construction costs and improve productivity.
- Anticipates, recognizes and identifies key project issues/problems and establishes objectives and priorities in solving them and determines solutions and directs their implementation.
- Supports business and relationship development activities of the BGM, BRM and SPM.
- Responsible for safety of the project team and the quality of the finished product.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 10+ years project managementexperience in a consulting organization in the life sciences/pharma industry
- Accredited Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical, Bio Chemical or Mechanical Engineering
- Experience with and general knowledge of safety and contract/liability issues
- Experience with industrial fermentation, cell culture and vaccine processes for the production of APIs, food products, beverages, and specialty chemicals
- Experience with USDA, EPA, FDA, cGMP, FDA, EMA, WHO, and ASME BPE requirements. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products and scheduling software
- Previous experience in the design of processes and facilities, laboratory, and/or pilot plants for the containment of highly potent compounds
- PE license a plus
- Strong technical organization and communication skills, as well as the ability to develop creative solutions to challenging problems. Must be highly motivated with exceptional teamwork and leadership skills.