Established in 1908, Florida Hospital is one of the largest not-for-profit healthcare systems in the country, caring for more than a million patients each year. The 2,286-bed acute-care medical facility, comprised of eight hospitals, has been recognized by U.S. News & World Report as one of the best hospitals in the country for the past 10 years. It serves as a community hospital for Greater Orlando and as a major tertiary referral hospital for Central Florida and much of the Southeast, the Caribbean and Latin America.
Monday-Friday – 8:00am – 5:00pm
Under the general direction, the Project Manager provides project management and analytic support to high priority quality and safety initiatives throughout the institution. The Project Manager must facilitate/lead performance improvement teams in collaboration with multiple clinical team leaders and senior administrators and without direct supervisory responsibility over team members. Actively participates in outstanding customer service and accepts responsibility in maintaining relationships that are equally respectful to all
Knowledge, Skills, Education, & Experience Required:
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to tailor message to individuals and audiences throughout the institution
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to focus detailed, concentrated effort to multiple projects and re-establish priorities as necessary
- Ability to effectively respond to time sensitive issues and meet deadlines
- Knowledge of project management strategies and methods
- Initiative and ability to work independently (self-direction), while thriving in a setting requiring collaboration and teamwork for maximal efficiency and effectiveness
- Attention to detail that ensures follow through on all initiatives implemented, and all projects undertaken.
- Mastery of desktop applications, including MS Office (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Access) and project management applications (MS Project).
- Team leadership/facilitation skills
- Excellent interpersonal and facilitation skills
- Keen analytic skill set.
- Bachelor’s degree in business discipline or healthcare-related field
- Three to four years of healthcare consulting experience, facilitating clinical improvement projects in collaboration with healthcare providers
- Master’s degree in a related field (e.g. MBA, MHA, or MPH)
- 5-7 years of healthcare project management experience
Licensure, Certification, or Registration Required:
- Certification in a quality improvement methodology/toolset such as Lean, Six Sigma, Change Management, etc. (preferred)
- Project management certification such as Certified Associate in Project Management (CAPM) or Project Management Professional (PMP) (preferred)
- Current active State of Florida license as a Registered Nurse (preferred)
Demonstrates through behavior Florida Hospital’s Core Values of Integrity, Compassion, Balance, Excellence, Stewardship and Teamwork as outlined in the organization’s Performance Excellence Program
- Provides project management support to multidisciplinary and often interdepartmental teams focusing on high-priority quality and safety initiatives.
- Communicates regularly with team stakeholders and executive sponsors about team progress toward goal achievement, critical factors and obstacles.
- Oversees project management and logistics such as project timelines, agenda development, production and distribution of meeting minutes and documents and preparation of reports on project status and activities to various audiences.
- Develops project plans that are practical and of appropriate scope, and includes identification of stakeholders, assessment of resource needs, and implementation timelines.
- Works with the management and the other consultants in the Quality Division to determine resource/staffing needs for particular project and is accountable for managing the resources and deliverables for specific projects.
- Identifies and proposes potential projects that are aligned with organizational strategic objectives.