Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking a seasoned engineering professional to serve as a Project Manager and support the North American (NA) Sales team by providing equipment sizing, proposals, drawings, and costs for engineered membrane systems for water and wastewater treatment – this role will be especially focused on aerobic and anaerobic membrane bioreactors (AnMBR). This person will be based out of the Midwest (either WI or IL) and support projects nationwide.
In this role, the Project Manager will be responsible for working with operations and sourcing teams to develop standard membrane skid costs for membrane skids designed to meet NA standards. The Project Manager will also be responsible for order execution – this includes project management from receipt of order to successful system commissioning; preparing submittal drawings as well as operations and maintenance (O&M) manuals; coordinating with electrical & controls team; and providing field service (as needed). The Project Manager will also work with one of our European engineering teams to finalize the anaerobic MBR skid-engineering package for NA, including fabrication drawings and bill of materials (BOM). Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop standardized AnMBR skid for North American market, including drawing package, BOM, and cost(s).
- Work with operations and sourcing teams to identify NA fabricators & equipment suppliers to deliver cost competitive skids to NA market.
- Collaborate with European engineering teams to maintain updated engineering standards for the NA market.
- Support sales and applications team in providing proposals, proposal drawings, and system costing.
- Project management of system orders, including membrane skids and supporting equipment.
- Project engineering to prepare submittal packages, including drawings, operational description, process control philosophy, and operation & maintenance manuals.
- Provide mechanical & electrical commissioning support during system start-up.
- Provide field service and troubleshooting of mechanical & electrical equipment for installed base of membrane systems, as well as pilot activities.
- Participate in meetings with Sales and external customers to explain the technical aspects of engineered membrane systems.
- Develop project proposals with detailed scope of supply to meet customer specifications.
- Coordinate kick-off meetings with customers, consultants, and other stakeholders (as required).
- Develop submittal documentation as required for proposals and in the project execution stage.
- Work with project team to ensure a quality product is delivered on-time and within budget.
- Participate in standardization efforts – developing standard design guidelines, engineering documentation, process schematics, and other product standardization efforts.
- Involved with commissioning and operating pilots.
- Additional duties may be assigned, as needed.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
Bachelor's degree in an Engineering-oriented field of study.
7+ years of professional experience working in Engineering and/or Project Management roles within the water / wastewater industry.
Recent experience leading industrial projects in the water/wastewater markets is strongly preferred; familiarity with the piloting of wastewater systems is a plus.
Experience working with membrane applications in wastewater treatment (aerobic and/or anaerobic) is preferred.
Experience with proposal preparation of biological wastewater treatment systems is preferred.
Experience with the design and layout of skidded systems, including piping and instrumentation, is preferred.
Experience developing with PFDs, P&IDs, isometrics drawings, and BOM is preferred.
Ability to commission and troubleshoot mechanical and electrical equipment commonly employed in wastewater treatment systems is preferred; experience providing mechanical start up services during project commissioning is a plus.
Experience with CAD and the ability to deliver drawings is preferred; experience with design and layout of water/wastewater treatment systems is a plus.
Experience with control logic and selection of instruments is preferred.
Ability to travel at least 25% (including international travel) is strongly preferred.
Promotes teamwork and collaboration.
Actively listens to others.
Capacity for learning.
Works with minimal supervision.
Uses sound judgment.
Excellent communication skills, with the ability to express oneself orally and in writing.
Pentair is an Equal Opportunity Employer.