Pentair plc (NYSE: PNR) is a global company dedicated to building a safer, more sustainable world. Pentair delivers industry leading products, services and solutions that help people make the best use of the resources they rely on most. Its technology moves the world forward by ensuring that water is plentiful, useful and pure, and that critical equipment and those near it are protected. With 2016 revenues of $4.9 billion, Pentair employs approximately 19,000 people worldwide.
Business Unit Overview
A global water leader focused on smart, sustainable water and fluid processing applications. It designs, manufactures and delivers innovative solutions to residential, commercial and industrial customers who place a premium on high quality water and fluids. Strategic business units include Aquatic and Environmental Systems, Water Filtration, Water Technologies, Process Technologies, and Fluid Motion. Pentair's Water segment generated approximately $2.8 billion in sales in 2016.
Pentair is currently seeking an Engineering Project Manager to utilize their strong mix of leadership, technical and soft skills to aggressively manage Quality, Value, or NPD development projects. In this role, the Engineering Project Manager will plan, direct and coordinate project activities in order to ensure project goals are accomplished within the approved timeframe, cost targets and project funding parameters. This person will foster a positive team environment that focuses on communication and collaboration with all other company functions – product management, marketing, operations, finance, supply chain, sales, quality and customers. This is a great opportunity for a creative, curious, solution-minded person to be part of our Project Management Team. We are customer centric, developing new innovative products, and require an enthusiastic/dedicated Project Manager to help us realize our strategic initiatives. Interested candidates, who meet the requirements below, are encouraged to apply today!
While this position will start at our facility in Sanford, NC, the Pentair team is expanding. Due to our growth we are commissioning a new state of the art facility. Situated in the Apex Pinnacle Business Park, this new facility will house a total of 50,000sqft combined office and lab space. The Innovation Center will serve a global role in the Pentair product development strategy and mission; enabling our team to design, prototype, & test products in all stages of the development process.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leads NPD project teams from concept to post release with strong sense of urgency, utilizing company product launch process (stage-gate). This may include the facilitation of development brainstorming Kaizen events.
- Leads Quality and/or Value Engineering project teams from concept to post release with strong sense of urgency, utilizing project management tools and techniques. This may include the facilitation of development brainstorming Kaizen events.
- Responsible for managing large scale and/or moderately complex departmental and cross-functional development projects.
- Collaborates with engineering, product management, operations, supply chain, finance and all other stakeholders to identify and prioritize critical project milestones and deliverables.
- Develops project plans identifying schedules, specifications, risks, and contingency plans for all projects.
- Identifies and schedules project deliverables, milestones and daily task activities.
- Leads weekly cross-functional project meetings and maintain minutes/notes/action items
- Continuously gathers feedback from all project team members to track progress and mitigate risk.
- Identifies project related issues and risks, documents all risks in the riskdatabase, and escalates to sponsor’s and Functional Management early to facilitate mitigation before they effect critical path.
- Maintains awareness of technical progress and risks for assigned projects, confers with technical personnel to resolve issues, and drives corrective actions.
- Confers with project personnel to resolve problems. Not directly responsible for technical accuracy of design details, is expected to have sufficient knowledge and awareness to recognize when technical problems may exist and to identity and initiate corrective actions.
- Coordinates project activities with cross-functional team members to ensure project goals and requirements are met on schedule and within budget.
- Prepares project status reports and facilitates both technical and non-technical meetings/design reviews in order to keep management and other stockholders informed of project status and other related project issues.
- Will provide input for performance appraisals for team members.
- Develops and maintains technical and project documentation, including project/process deliverables.
- Learns and masters all requirements of Pentair’s NPD process, 3D (Discover, Develop & Deploy).
- Works collaboratively with other Pentair global design centers, manufacturing plants and strategic suppliers as needed.
- Documents all lessons learned in the RAIL database for future reference and evaluation.
Job Requirements & Skills
Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering from an accredited institution (MBA or advanced technical degree is a plus).
- Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is desirable.
- 5+ years leading cross-functional project teams.
- 5+ years of engineering designexperience in a high volume production, product development environment.
- Highly detail oriented, organized and organizationally agile individual preferred.
- Knowledge of new product development process.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Need for flexible domestic and international travel according to business necessity as responsibilities may require project oversight with other Pentair global facilities (10% - 30% travel).