Penn Medicine is dedicated to our tripartite mission of providing the highest level of care to patients, conducting innovative research, and educating future leaders in the field of medicine. Working for this leading academic medical center means collaboration with top clinical, technical and business professionals across all disciplines.
Today at Penn Medicine, someone will make a breakthrough. Someone will heal a heart, deliver hopeful news, and give comfort and reassurance. Our employees shape our future each day. Are you living your life's work?
The Penn Medicine Facilities and Real Estate Services department is actively looking for a Project Manager to join our team!
This individual will be responsible for managing all aspects of multiple capital projects, of high complexity from inception through occupancy. He/she makes decisions and recommendations that are recognized as authoritative and have direct impact in achieving project goals and established objectives. He/she negotiates critical and controversial issues with support team members. Project Managers demonstrate a high degree of creativity, foresight, and judgment in planning, organizing, and guiding multiple large projects to achieve UPHS project objectives. Project goals are achieved within stipulated budget and established budget.
Key areas of responsibility include:
Project Management – Independently responsible for the overall management of the planning, design, construction and occupancy phases of multiple, concurrent projects of high complexity to meet project goals and objectives.
Planning – Plans, develops, coordinates and directs a number of large and important projects or a project of major scope and importance.
Design & Development – Responsible for managing the Design Development (DD) phase and Construction Document (CD) phase of the project. Monitor and coordinate the activities of Architectural and Engineering Consultants on assigned projects.
Construction – Responsible for managing the construction phase, monitoring and coordinating the activities of CMs, General Contractors, and Sub-Contractors on assigned projects.
Project Schedule – Responsible for developing and managing the overall project schedule.
Compliance – Monitors work to ensure compliance with all federal, state, and local regulatory standards and requirements, including JCAHO, Department of Health, FDA, funding agencies and others as needed.
Financial Management – Follows accounting and financial standards of UPHS
Minimum Degree Requirements and Experience Required:
• BA/BS Degree Required. Degree in Engineering, Planning, Construction Management, Architecture or similar preferred.
• A minimum of 5 to 7 years of progressive experience in the design/management of large, major capital projects in a highly complex healthcare environment; or similar renovation/construction projects; and/or the management of highly complex projects involving infrastructure, equipment, varied resources and planning.
• Demonstrates clear and effective leadership and indirect supervision of Diverse Project Team, including multiple UPHS Departments, Consultants and Contractors.
• Demonstrates excellent verbal, written and communication skills.
• Exhibits ability to achieve project objectives on multiple, complex projects running simultaneously.
• Working knowledge of building codes/standards and the application thereof.
Minimum Certifications, Registry and/or Licenses Required:
• Project Manager Construction Certification preferred.
• Licensed Professional Engineer and Registered Architect are beneficial but not required.
• Exposed to dangerous conditions involving heights, falling objects and exposed hazards.
• Occasionally exposed to extreme weather and hazards from emergency conditions.
We believe that the best care for our patients starts with the best care for our employees. Our employee benefits programs help our employees get healthy and stay healthy. We offer a comprehensive compensation and benefits program that includes one of the finest prepaid tuition assistance programs in the region. Penn Medicine employees are actively engaged and committed to our mission. Together we will continue to make medical advances that help people live longer, healthier lives.
Job ID: 66919