The Project Manager/Owner’s Representative’s (PM/OR) primary responsibility is to manage all aspects of a construction project on behalf of the Owner as the Owner’s authorized representative.
• Develop, monitor and review project budgets.
• Develop, monitor and review project schedules.
• Monitor the design and construction of the project.
• Review and track progress billings, project invoices and change orders.
• Coordinate with project team members, clients, vendors and professionals.
• Manage and support ongoing project communications and action lists.
• Manage specific pieces of the larger project (i.e. FF&E and other Contracts).
• Review and track submittals, RFI’s, responses and approvals.
• Coordinate, participate, and/or lead project meetings.
• Assist with permitting issues for local, state and federal requirements to ensure all permits are secured for projects.
• Perform on-site inspections for quality of work, quality of materials, conformity with plans and specifications, code compliance, on site safety and general progress of the construction.
• Maintain observation logs including work progress, methods, contractors on site, weather, and photographs.
• Support the development and distribution of weekly project updates, including photographs of progress.
• Support the process of design development for various projects.
• Support the review and investigation of building and municipal code for various projects.
• Accurately and efficiently support the gathering and document existing field conditions.
• Accurately and efficiently support the preparation of presentation drawings and similar materials.
• Accurately and efficiently provide information to team to assist with the preparation of CAD based construction documents and specifications.
• Support the process of revisions, supplemental design information and CAD based drawing development for various projects.
• Support the review of product submissions, shop drawings, work scopes and estimates.
• Bachelor’s degree in Construction Management or Architecture or equivalent experience required
• 7+ years’ experience preferred as Project Manager
• Strong leadership skills
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office and MS Project a must; AutoCAD a plus
• Good design, technical and organizational skills
• General understanding of building code
• General understanding of building construction and associated systems design
• Ability to work independently and efficiently, handle multiple projects and respond to change
• Ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
• Architectural design and preparation of construction documents a plus
• Valid New York State driver’s license required
• Military experience is a plus