Tilson is seeking an Outside Plant ConstructionProject Manager to lead, manage and oversee the outside plant construction activities of a multi-year large turnkey design build telecommunications infrastructure project in Hartford, CT. This position will report to the Sr. Project Manager who will have oversight of the overall project.
- Overall responsibility for market construction activities including safety, quality construction practices, scheduling, resource planning, project budget and construction best practices.
- Manage a team of in house construction crews as well as subcontracted construction vendors.
- Recruit and manage sub-contractors, ensure timely completion, quality of work, and tracking of all production units.
- Work with Sr. Project Manager to define scopes of work and billing units for contractors and negotiate subcontract agreements.
- Manage materials procurement including negotiation, warehousing, inventory and reporting.
- Provide inputs to design team to help determine least cost routing and best construction practices. This position works as a peer to the Engineering Project Manager who leads the design and permitting teams.
- Work with project team to coordinate all required permits and regulatory approvals with constructionschedule.
- Establish accurate construction forecasts at 30, 60 and 90 day intervals. Establish 3 week look ahead schedule and weekly/daily crew schedule.
- Coordinate constructioninspection team to ensure safety, compliance, quality and production
- Drive self-performance crews and contracting firms to meet assigned delivery dates. In circumstances where issues arise, work closely with them to develop solutions and keep customer and Sr. Project Manager informed of anticipated delays or challenges
- Track performance across schedule, budget and quality parameters across extended construction team
- Serve as primary point of contact for communicating construction status with the customer and addressing issues as they arise
- Manage and track change orders and quantity changes
- 4 year Degree, or equivalent experience is preferred
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience managing outside plant fiber construction projects or complex utility infrastructureconstruction projects.
- Knowledge of OSHA safety requirements
- Experience managing self-performance or sub-contracted construction projects in public Right of Way (ROW)
- Working knowledge of fiber optic construction
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organization, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Project or an equivalent tool
- Self-motivated and action orientated with a strong results and deliverables focus and the ability to work on multiple issues simultaneously and follow up on issues with minimal direction
- Effective verbal and written communicator
- Valid driver’s license
Desired but not Required:
- Experience in telecommunications infrastructure project management and/or consulting
- Relevant project management certificates a plus (e.g. PMP, PMI, etc.)
- Experience managing both self-performance and sub-contracted construction projects
- Previous experience in contract negotiations and accounting fundamentals
- Ability to pro-actively identify potential project risk factors, communicate these to the project team, and work with stakeholders to address them
- Problem solver that thrives from taking ownership and is comfortable resolving issues independently
- Comfortable with ambiguity able to drive results in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check. Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building and transforming the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to be creative, innovate, and deliver. Our vision is for Tilson to be a world leader in developing information and communications technology projects by building a team of phenomenal people working together on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients serving the public good. Our team environment will be a place where intellectually curious, motivated, and talented people can work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We will strive to listen to our clients, integrate with them as a team, and internalize their goals. We run our business sustainably, for its financial health, people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.