Tilson is seeking a Project Manager to lead, manage and oversee the outside plant engineering and permitting activities of a large, multi-year turnkey design build telecommunications infrastructure project in Hartford, CT. This position will report to the Sr. Project Manager who will have oversight of the overall project.
- Lead the overall engineering, permitting, preconstruction and as built activities for a 600-mile fiber design-build project;
- Will provide overall project leadership of an assigned engineering project team of approximately 15-25 resources: fielding, OSP engineering, permitting, GIS and other functions as needed.
- Serve as primary point of contact for communicating design and permitting status to the client and construction teams and addressing issues with all parties, including external agencies, as they arise;
- Optimize network design for cost and schedule within project parameters. Work closely with construction managers and contractors to provide input into the overall design.
- Pro-actively identify potential project risk factors, communicate these to the project team and/or client, and work with stakeholders to address them
- Develop, manage and report on schedule, budget and quality parameters across extended design team for all preconstruction activities.
- Track and reportnetwork design and permitting progress against customer milestones.
- Ensure timely completion of engineering milestones including timely invoicing.
- Provide value engineering and design clarifications well into construction phase. Work closely with the construction team to ensure design is completed with least cost construction in mind.
- Communicate project status clearly and succinctly to Tilson senior management by delivering complex messages in business terms
- Develop project justifications, business cases, and corresponding return on investment estimates for funding requests
- 4-year Degree, or equivalent is preferred
- Minimum of 5+ years of experience managing and/or designing OSP projects, particularly fiber optics.
- Must have experience designing in GIS based tools, 3GIS and ArcMap preferred.
- Must have experience leading teams of engineers with proven success to deliver projects on time and under budget.
- Must have GPON experience.
- Knowledge of ROW permitting and joint use application process
- Working knowledge of fiber optic construction, splicing and networkarchitecture.
- Strong problem solving, negotiating, influencing, facilitation, organization, prioritization, decision making, and conflict resolution skills
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Project or an equivalent tool
- Self-motivated and action orientated with a strong results and deliverables focus and the ability to work on multiple issues simultaneously and follow up on issues with minimal direction
- Effective verbal and written communicator
Desired but not Required:
- Experience in telecommunications infrastructure project management and/or consulting
- Relevant project management certificates a plus (e.g. PMP, PMI, etc.)
- Experience managing both self-performance and sub-contracted construction projects
- Previous experience in contract negotiations and accounting fundamentals
- Ability to pro-actively identify potential project risk factors, communicate these to the project team, and work with stakeholders to address them
- Problem solver that thrives from taking ownership and is comfortable resolving issues independently
- Comfortable with ambiguity able to drive results in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment.
Successful candidates will be required to submit to criminal background check. Tilson offers a competitive benefits package, including:
- Paid time off
- Healthcare, dental and life insurance benefits
- 401(k) retirement savings plan with automatic company contribution
- Entrepreneurial, highly technical and customer-focused work environment
Our mission is to serve our customers by building and transforming the information technology and communications infrastructure that enables great organizations to be creative, innovate, and deliver. Our vision is for Tilson to be a world leader in developing information and communications technology projects by building a team of phenomenal people working together on meaningful, impactful projects for great clients serving the public good. Our team environment will be a place where intellectually curious, motivated, and talented people can work with purpose, mastery, and autonomy. We will strive to listen to our clients, integrate with them as a team, and internalize their goals. We run our business sustainably, for its financial health, people and the public good. We believe in:
- Safety- above bottom line. Cutting corners is never an option.
- Integrity- we do what is right, even if doing so puts us at a temporary disadvantage.
- Accountability- everyone at Tilson is accountable for the work we do as a whole.
- Professionalism- be trusted by our clients to be their ‘get it done’ team.
- Respect- for our employees, clients, and partners.
- Composure- we are comfortable in chaos and trust that we will always find a way through any challenge.
We're committed to offering our employees opportunities to work on challenging projects and to grow professionally.
- Principals only. Recruiters should not contact Tilson.
- No phone calls please.
Tilson is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action employer Tilson provides equal opportunity to all employees on the basis of individual qualification without regard to race, sex, religion, color, age, national origin, physical and mental disability, genetic information and history, sexual orientation, or other category protected by state or federal law. Tilson does not discriminate in the recruitment, hiring, compensation, promotion, transfer, benefits, or any other condition of employment.