Major Projects Manager Outside Battery Limits (OSBL) Logistics leads the overall OSBL Logistics project teams to engineering and construction via the MOTIVA stage gate process from concept through operational start-up.
Develop the EPC execution strategy for OSBL Logistics major project, working with the various subject matter expert groups, including Refining Excellence, Procurements, Safety, etc.
- Accountable for all work in process to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Update the overall, engineering and construction Status Reports for ELT review.
- Manage equipment schedules to ensure on-time deliveries.
- Manage Construction contracts, including subcontractors, and their performance (working with Contracts and Procurement).
- Develop plans and schedules for job sites, equipment lay down, contractor parking, etc.
- Facilitate a strong working relationship between the OSBL Logistics project team and project controls teams to establish all necessary project controls data to track baseline plan, earn values and actual performance and change management following Motiva project for the overall project, engineering, construction, and operational start-up status.
- Work with Refinery Leadership to coordinate build times & resolve any outstanding construction and local site integration items
- Facilitate the Integration with the existing site operations and prepare for effective handover to local production leadership.
- Ensure EPA and OSHA compliance (working with HSSE).
- Work with HR and the Project Team to recruit appropriate personnel as the projects progress through stage gates.
- Obtain all necessary red-line information to plans and transitioning to the Refinery at the start-up, as well as new equipment specifications, etc.
- Work with Finance to ensure reviews and approvals of all contractors' invoicing for work completed and related audits accordingly.
- Work with stakeholders to develop the project business case/economics as well as benchmarking performance metrices.
- Responsible for addressing any regulatory/compliance issues in the continuous framing exercises for operational, maintenance, technical disciplines, and infrastructure.
- Responsible for the alignment of all project stakeholders on project milestones.
- Ensure alignment with project resource owners, with respect to specific project and overall project portfolio needs, relative to run-and-maintain needs, and assist in resolving any resource conflicts.
- Ensure the lesson learned discussions and post-mortems reviews are completed.
- Ensure that projects are executed consistent with Motiva project management standards.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field (Engineering Preferred)
- 15+ years of professional experience in the Chemical/Refining industry.
- 10+ years major ($200+ million) project managementexperience.
- Strong understanding of the stage gate project process
Note: This position may require significant travel between the Engineering Contracting firms and possible temporary housing relocation at the construction site based on the phase/stage of the project.
- 5+ years of experience with major projects in the Aromatics/Olefins chemical industry.