Job Overview: This position is accountable for providing senior level project management support to Orion Marine Contractors, Inc. and for providing superior customer relations to clients. This includes developing bid packages, calculating project costs, selecting suppliers, procuring materials and services, interpreting project plans, scheduling project work activities, providing project oversight, interfacing with project personnel, and helping to ensure successful project completion and close out.
- Works as a lead member of the Project Management Team to ensure the successful completion and profitability of on-going or new projects.
- Provides interface with project team members, suppliers, customers, and others who are involved in project work.
- Provides overall project management guidance and oversight to Superintendents, Foremen and Project Engineers for current marine construction projects.
- Establishes and maintains excellent customer relations with current and prospective clients.
- Develops bid proposals for upcoming marine construction and services projects and ensures timely submission of completed proposal.
- Develops bid packages for subcontractors.
- BS Degree in Civil Engineering/Construction Science or related discipline and a minimum of 8 years experience, or equivalent work experience is required.
- Prior work experience in the marine construction or heavy industrial and manufacturing industries is preferred but not required.The incumbent must have a working knowledge of Project Management & Administration, Marine Construction Materials, Procurement, Estimating, Scheduling, Project Tracking Software, Cost Control, Engineering & Project Standards, and Safety & Environmental Compliance.
- The incumbent must have the ability to quickly learn the technical aspects of the business; be an effective communicator; have the ability to interface well with employees at all levels of the organization; and able to work out-of-town for extended periods of time.