Job no: A011844
Orica is the world’s largest provider of commercial explosives and innovative blasting systems to the mining, quarrying, oil and gas and construction markets, a leading supplier of sodium cyanide for gold extraction, and a specialist provider of ground support services in mining and tunnelling.
Orica has a diverse workforce of around 11,500 employees and contractors, servicing customers across more than 100 countries. Our purpose is to make our customers successful, every day, all around the world. We take pride in operating safely, responsibly and sustainably. Together, these enable us to grow and create enduring value for our shareholders.
The Role - A011844 - Project Manager - Watkins CO
The individual will be responsible for executing projects within North America. This will include:
• Manage delivery of the assigned project portfolio to agreed scope, timeline and budget. Act as the single point of contact for project related issues.
• Accountable for coordinating full project delivery from Concept toOperation including business case development, Capital Expenditure approval, engineering, construction, logistics, operations establishment, training, commissioning, etc.
• Provide training and project governance to other North American projectteams to ensure projects achieve the required business objectives
• Optimise performance across the project value chain functionally and technically.
• Engage with other regions to ensure knowledge is shared and learnings applied to optimize proect outcomes
• Actively contribute to an improvement process across the projects function
• Continually assess performance; research and develop new capabilities and systematically apply learning and knowledge to improve the execution ofthe program.
• Manage Contractors and suppliers. No direct reports
• Support region to meet customer requirements in a manner that minimizes financial, safety, or other risks
• Field work environment in all types of weather and harsh climates
• Moderate physical stress and occasional long hours
• Up to 50% travel both domestic and international
• Required activities include sitting, walking, reaching, bending, frequent use of hands, occasional lifting up to 40 pounds, ascending and descending stairs and ladders
Experience and Qualifications
• Engineering Degree (Mechanical, Process or Chemical)
• More than 5 years of experience working as a Project Manager
• Experience managing projects & people remotely
• Experience developing business and investment cases
• Formal Project Management training and certification is a plus
• Problem solving
• Proficient with MS office & MS Project
• Knowledge of P&ID’s, instrumentation & pumps
• Influencing and negotiation
• Strong presentation and communication skills.
• High degree of risk awareness.
What we offer
• The opportunities, facilities and environment associated with working in an international organization;
• Career paths that are totally flexible allowing you to specialize or become a generalist;
• A diverse workplace where your unique abilities and talents will be recognized and encouraged;
• Training programs, opportunities and initiatives to ensure your continued growth;
• Competitive salary packages.