The position is an essential function to the ongoing viability of the Company’s operations. This position shall be responsible for the design, approval, and execution of the Northern Operations (New York sites) long term strategic plan which includes but is not limited to several high priority, high visibility capital improvement projects. The projects include land development, building installation, road construction and aggregate/asphalt plant design + construction. The associate will coordinate the efforts of several teams representing multiple disciplines in order to safely execute the projects and strategic efforts on time and on budget. The position is developmental with opportunities in management of operations support department or operations upon successful completion.
Roles and Responsibilities
(Essential Duties and Functions)
- Planning, Execution, and management of long term, large capital projects for each of the Northern Operations.
- Ability to navigate the Design/Bid/Budget process as well as submittal of justifications to senior leadership and CRH
- Manages projects through to completion on time and on budget with a consistent drive for excellence
- Progress updates communicated regularly to senior leadership and executive level leadership
- Excellent oral and written communication skills at all levels
- Ability to present to North Region Executive leadership
- Ability to communicate effectively with subject matter experts (legal/engineering)
- Ability to communicate with hourly/union labor force
- Effectively Manage internal and external teams and/or committees with multiple personalities and multiple disciplines in order to successfully solve problems and meet goals
- Coordinate multiple teams in multiple disciplines to ensure design accuracy, local/state/federal compliance, proper planning, and execution
- Constant drive for improvement in operations and project execution
- Find ways to ensure the sustainability of all operations
- Ability to look “outside the box” and solve complex problems through collaboration
Marginal Duties and Functions
- Additional duties as assigned or required.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- BS. in Mine, Civil, Mechanical, or Environmental Engineering
- Minimum 5 years’ aggregate or mining industry experience
- Minimum 3 years’ project managementexperience
- Valid driver’s license
- Certified Professional Engineer is a plus, but not a requisite
- Field or frontline management experience in Asphalt, quarry, and recycle production (2+ years)
- Project Managementexperience and/or certification
- Experience in permit application and obtaining local, state, and federal approval (2+ years)
- Land designexperience
- Crushing Plant designexperience
- Acute knowledge of all equipment used in the manufacturing of products associated with the industry.
Job ID: 130353