Job ID: 147151
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is the leading supplier of products specified to close the building envelope. They include: custom-engineered curtain wall and window wall, architectural windows, storefront systems, doors, skylights and architectural glass.
A perfect candidate will demonstrate leadership in safety while maintaining world-class quality and optimum productivity. This position will be responsible for fully understanding the client satisfaction, costs, profitability, and service needs of assigned projects. Project Manager will maintain and strengthen client relationships, execute plans to manage and service accounts, and collaborate with internal team members to support and satisfy client/project needs.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Review purchase orders, project specifications, shop drawings, architectural/structural drawings, material take-off, estimate and other pertinent documents. Provide timely and precise direction on application challenges in contract documents.
- Provide coordination, correspondence and assistance to our clients and internal Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope™ personnel while maintaining client relation and confidence.
- Understand the key principles and expectations for assigned projects.
- Maintain detailed and organized records of all project related documents.
- Understand the roles of and facilitate support from purchasing, manufacturing, fabrication, credit, and shipping departments to accommodate the needs of assigned projects.
- Support clients for engineering and design needs by means of working cohesively with engineering team members. Additional on-site support (with some travel) may be needed.
- Champion BuildingEnvelope Strategies by providing engineered solutions that meet or exceed customer needs and expand Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope™ market share.
- Develop and maintain forecasted project expenses and billings consistent with project schedule.
- Lead efforts to understand costs, drivers of profit, and assist in collection of open payables on assigned projects. Provide misc. cost impact change orders for assigned projects.
- Regular and predictable attendance, safely perform tasks and adherence to all safety policies and procedures are essential functions of this job
- Working knowledge of demountable walls.
- Actively cultivate relationships with Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope™ glass plants and other manufacturing and fabrication facilities in order to satisfy project needs.
- Have measureable success in maintaining projects.
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally, both written and verbal is a must.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office® Suite applications (Word, Excel, Power Point, Project).
- Self-starter with the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Assist in identifying and leveling resource needs.
- Ability to handle multiple projects and effectively prioritize workload with emphasis on multi-tasking capabilities.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university in a construction, design, or engineering related program is preferred.
- A minimum 10 years of glazing industry experience, with a preference towards contract glazing experience in project management or engineering.
- Background that includes engineering, design and/or development of custom aluminum glazing systems and glass/panel applications.
- A proven track record demonstrating a complete understanding of the construction project management process.
- A thorough understanding of the role of engineering and drafting in the project delivery process.
- Proficiency with Autodesk AutoCad, Revit and similar applications is a plus.
- Adequate product and technical knowledge of glazing systems, glass, entrances, hardware, heavy glass doors, and metal panels.
- Product installation and fabrication experience, and/or a track record of successful management of those resources is preferred but not required.
- Ability to communicate in the commercial construction environment
What CRH Americas Offers You
- Highly competitive base pay
- Comprehensive medical, dental and disability benefits programs
- Group retirement savings program
- Health and wellness programs
- A culture that values opportunity for growth, development, and internal promotion
About CRH Americas
CRH Americas has a long and proud heritage as one of North America’s largest corporations. We are a proud reflection of the hundreds of family businesses, local and regional companies and mid to large sized enterprises that together form the CRH Americas family. CRH Americas operates with a decentralized, diversified structure, letting you work in a small company environment while having the career opportunities of a large enterprise.
Oldcastle BuildingEnvelope®, a CRH company, is a great place to grow! If you’re up for a rewarding challenge, we invite you to take the first step and apply today! Once you click apply now, you will be brought to our career site. Please complete your online profile which will be sent directly to the appropriate Hiring Manager. Our system allows you to view and track your status 24 hours a day. Thank you for your interest in the CRH Americas family!