The Project Manager will be responsible for providing primary project oversight and coordination for the engineering and fabrication of modular plants for gas processing.
- B.S. in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- 5-10 years relevant experience.
- Ability to travel and go on field assignments.
- Solid knowledge of engineering disciplines related to gas processing.
- Performance and commissioning of projects on-time and on budget.
- Manage client expectations and deliver positive customer experience.
- Support sales team as required during pre-project phase.
- Organize and lead internal/external project kickoff meetings, design reviews, etc.
- Lead weekly Project Operations Meetings.
- Manage scheduling and cost estimating as required for any multi-discipline projects.
- Serve as Lead Discipline Engineer for any gas processing project, providing support to clients and internal team on all engineering issues.
- Establish project budgets and schedules.
- Develop Project Definitions (scope) and obtain stakeholder approvals
- Administer contracts and manage external resources as required
- Provide contractor oversight to ensure safe construction work sites
- Close projects on schedule with completion of all deliverables including commissioning & qualificationreports, turnover of manuals & spare parts, technician training, and other deliverables
- Any other project management duties as assigned
- Maintain control of the project by tracking and maintaining discipline performance budget progress, schedule commitments, and quality standards. Understand and utilize project tools which are in place for project control.
- Oversee or perform equipment design and specifications for engineering and construction including engineering design drawings, datasheets, applicable CODE calculations, cost estimating, work procedures, equipment manuals, fabrication, installation, maintenance and operation procedures.
- Produce professional service estimates in accordance with company standards for project deliverables, project studies and estimates, project change notices and for the development of new work through proposal efforts.
- Develop bid packages enabling mechanical purchase inquiries to be placed for procurement of equipment and materials or other scope from subcontractors.
- Produce project designs that are optimal and efficient with an overall emphasis on ease of construction, operability, and maintenance. The completed design should meet the specifications and expectations of the client.
- Review and approve all mechanical deliverables
- Perform as experienced site engineer or discipline specialist during the construction phase of a project. Capable of leading site team and project startup.
- Identify and perform any engineering calculations required. Check calculations, reports, and studies made by other engineers to ensure accuracy, and conformance to codes, specifications, design criteria and good engineering practices.
- Assist the designers in resolving layout and detailing problems for a major capital project. Ensure that sufficient information and details are provided for completion of engineering drawings.
- Consult with design leaders from other disciplines to ensure inter-disciplinary alignment on projects. Work closely with other engineers, fabricators, vendors, clients, and specialists to develop mechanical system designs for clients needs.
- Broad experience in gas processing related to Gas Conditioning and Treating, Stabilization, Cryogenic Processing, Joule-Thompson Plants, Fractionation, Dehydration and Ethane Extraction.
- Supervisory experience over a team of engineers including total delivery of the mechanical deliverables and services on time, within performance budget and meeting quality expectations.
- Blend of experience in industry and engineering services.
- Licensed Professional Engineer.
- Annual project management load in excess of $50 million.
- Competent with estimating, modeling and other engineering software.
- Industrial field experience in related areas, including system design, fabrication, construction management, installation, testing, and commissioning supervision of the equipment and piping systems.