The Project Manager will assist in the planning and execution of product development projects while adhering to budget, scope, and schedule requirements.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Translate scientific strategy into project plans and create project charts, taking into account cross-functional interdependencies.
- Define budget and resource needs, create work breakdown structures, set and track deliverables, perform critical path analysis.
- Coordinate functional project teams and take full accountability of completion of deliverables, balancing quality and timeliness.
- Monitor and optimize project planning, resources and budget.
- Conduct contingency planning, perform scenario analysis, identify and manage operational risks and issues.
- Ensure project communication and report project status to project team and Senior Leadership.
- Recommend and implement best practices across project teams e.g., resource capacity planning, project risk management, team performance, timeline development, portfolio management.
- Work with functional leaders to ensure positive team spirit and high functioning team.
- Prepare monthly progress reports and ad hoc reports as required.
- Participates in development of Project Management tools, templates and processes.
- Additional tasks and projects as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in a science discipline or related field is required, Ph.D. preferred
- Minimum 5 years of pharmaceutical industry experience, with at least 2 years managing multi-functional project teams
- CMC/Manufacturing/clinical expertise and managing integrated project plans from preclinical to launch
- PMP certification preferred
- Advanced working knowledge of MS Project and Excel
- High level of personal integrity and strong conflict resolution and consensus building skills
- Ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams