Oceaneering is a global oilfield provider of engineered services and products primarily to the offshore oil and gas industry, with a focus on deepwater applications. Through the use of its appliedtechnology expertise, Oceaneering also serves the defense, entertainment, and aerospace industries. Oceaneering’s business offerings include remotely operated vehicles, built-to-order specialty subsea hardware, deepwater intervention and manned diving services, non-destructive testing and inspection, and engineering and project management.
The Project Manager plans, directs, and coordinates activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Creates detailed execution procedures for offshore subsea projects.
- Develop and provide creative, efficient cost effective solution for customers.
- Manage project proposal or plans. Determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Comprehensive knowledge of contracts.
- Understanding of scope of works, T & C’s and pricing; basis for revenues and the cost associated with delivery of products/services.
- Provide customers with recommended course of action regarding implementation of project procedures.
- Lead project team, organize and conduct project team meetings. Confers with project staff to outline work plan and to assign duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority.
- Provide cost and revenue accruals for projects on cost basis. Reports as required at various stages of the project.
- Provide job forecast for total cost, total revenue, and JP%.
- Ensure accurate client billings on assigned projects.
- Direct activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Review status reports prepared by project personnel and modify schedules or plans as required.
- Provide direction for sea fastening and procedure drawings.
- Maintain project reports for management, client, or others.
- Manage project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Responsible for identifying and submitting deliverables for completion of project.
- Work and travel offshore, both domestic and international
- Manage 3rd party vendors and subcontractors.
- Manage and ensure delivery and quality of internal and external suppliers.
- Promote safety in all aspects of a project and support company HSE goals and commitments.
- Confer with project personnel to provide technical advice and to resolve problems.
- Create document file structure and maintain project files and all project documents including but not limited to: Pre-mob activity schedule, project schedule, installation manual, Project overview Personnel and equipment schedule, Org chart, Compilation of Post-Job Data Book.
- Resolves problems using solutions that involve new techniques, technologies or concepts.
- Prioritizes work activities and plans for additional resources.
- Work in a highly collaborative, team focused environment.
- This position has NO supervisory responsibilities.
- Reports to Director of Operations
- BS Engineering, construction or technology.
- Minimum ten (10) years’ experience with increasing responsibility successfully managing various projects with subsea and underwater constructionexperience.
- Valid driver’s license
- Must be able to obtain:
- TransportationWorkers Identification Card (TWIC)
- Safe Gulf Safety Training
- Helicopter Underwater Escape Training (HUET) and Water Survival Training
- Valid Passport
- P.M.P certified
- 10 years subsea experience in related field.
- Working knowledge of Accounting software; Internet software; MS Office, document control systems.