The Project Manager I assists in the functional Engineering management and in managing the development and improvement of a project through planning and directing personnel as well as maintaining the quality of the engineering product by formal and informal review.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage and support project personnel.
- Tracks and assists in managing project budget and schedule.
- Provides input to the Program Manager for annual performance review and rankings for the personnel on their project; may include obtaining input from personnel they may have also supported.
- Review the technical work of personnel in their group and recommend needed changes to the Program Manager.
- Ensure appropriate design reviews are conducted.
- May review proposals and recommend engineering and design tools for efficiency.
- Act as a conduit of communications into and out of the group.
Some travel may be required.
- Bachelor's degree. Equivalent work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree.
- Minimum 5-8 years of relevant work experience.
- Ability to obtain security clearance.
- Technical writing and editing skills.
- Ability to interact with customer representatives.
- Ability to support technical reviews of various documentation deliverables.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and work independently.
- Computer skills using Microsoft Office products.
Knowledge of CAD software such as AutoCAD or SolidWorks.