PROJECT MANAGER - (Municipal Water and Wastewater Infrastructure Focus)
OBG is seeking a Project Manager in the Bowie, Maryland office of OBG. The Project Manager position is for a person who has demonstrated the ability to manage people and projects as well as generate new business with clients. In addition, expectations are that this position will contribute to the sustainable financial growth of OBG and develop followership, lead high performance teams, resolve conflict, negotiate positive outcomes, mentor future leaders and motivate employees. The Project Manager has the potential for enhanced career growth opportunities by providing consistent strong leadership and performance for client satisfaction, employee satisfaction and sustainable financial growth.
- Preparation of construction documents for municipal clients
- Coordination and mentoring of staff
- Delegating and mentoring technical and administrative responsibilities to engineers and designers on major and complex projects
- Managing, developing and mentoring of staff, including fiscal responsibility for respective projects and staff
- Client management/development within the municipal market
- Working with regional offices and other Project Managers within the Municipal Water Operations to ensure efficient and effective application of staff
- Assume a primary role in client contract activities
- Marketing, planning and execution of municipal water and wastewater infrastructure projects
- Business development proposal creation, project estimating, project planning and execution, quality reviews
- Municipal client contact and strategic plan implementation related to technical advice, planning, design, permitting and construction phase services for wastewater engineering projects
- Assumes an active role in the selection of the project team, prepares and administers project budgets & schedules for projects under supervision
MINIMUM REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience in successful project management of preliminary and final design, bidding and construction phase services for municipal water and wastewater infrastructure projects (minimum 8-10 years desired; demonstrated expertise accepted).
- Client facing with strong existing client relationships, especially in the Maryland municipal water and wastewater infrastructure field.
- Strong personnel development skills with experience managing and mentoring people in management, engineering, and design positions.
- Contract document preparation and construction services.
- Strong communication skills.
- Experience in client project management.
- Demonstrated successful track record in exceptional client services.
- B.S. Civil/Sanitary Engineering.
- Professional Engineering license in Maryland required with ability to obtain multiple licenses through reciprocity.