Project Manager O&M
Position is to be based at Hanscom Air Force Base, Lexington, MA. The successful candidate will assist with the transition of the new CHP plant from NORESCO’s commissioning and performance testing through handoff to base operations personnel, and provide ongoing NORESCO representation thereafter.
- Support plant operators in the daily operations responsibilities of the cogeneration system
- Provide training for new cogeneration system operators
- Review operations logs and performance data daily to monitor equipment conditions and identify issues with the operation of the system
- Assist in troubleshooting of the cogeneration system to assess equipment conditions and to determine maintenance activities
- Provide limited after hours and weekend system support
- Assist in developing NORESCO’s asset operations and maintenance program and strategy and lead the implementation of the plan
- Maintain effective short and long-term maintenance planning and scheduling
- Liaise with customer personnel, operations personnel within all business units of the company, and coordinate third-party contractors providing direct maintenance support
- Prepare, maintain, and update job plans for planned tasks
- Ensure preventive maintenance services are scheduled in accordance with the accepted intervals and standards and the work is performed in a timely manner
- Identify resources required for planned tasks such as parts, tooling, equipment, materials, and work procedures
- Review information from oil samples, component operating hour data, mechanics reports, operating reports and recommended OEM suppliers’ component replacement guidelines, to propose and schedule component replacement
- Monitor all warranty programs, ensure warranty work is claimed in a timely manner, and all warranty issued are resolved
- Assist in developing critical path plans for major shutdowns in a timely manner. Manage contracted resources and schedules during scheduled and unplanned maintenance work. Coordinate NORESCO managed activities with Owner’s management and shift operations teams
- Participate in regular meetings to review daily and weekly work schedules
- Ensure accurate and necessary data is maintained in the CMMS program
- Work in support of NORESCO O&M management on the development, maintenance and administration of department processes and programs supporting OMRR contracts
A minimum of five (5)yearsexperience in the electric power generating, cogeneration or district energy industries with strong working knowledge of CHP equipment, maintenance planning and CMMS with a minimum of two (2)years in a management role within thisexperience.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- MS Word, Excel, and Project knowledge
- Complex problem analysis, assessment, and remediation ability
- Customer relations experience
- Mental alertness and ability to concentrate with distractions nearby.
- Ability to stand, stoop, reach, bend, climb and crawl
- This position requires working in diverse locations and conditions including but not limited to mechanical equipment rooms where there can be potential exposure to noisy operating equipment, exposure to extreme weather conditions, precarious places, and proximity to electricity including high voltage. Detailed safety review must be completed and reviewed prior to any work. Adherence to all Safety Procedures will be required
- This position is highly physical and requires regular use of hands, fingers, walking, standing, stooping, reaching, kneeling bending climbing and crawling
- Potential exists for requirement of employee to regularly lift and or move up to 10 lbs., frequently lift and or move up to 50 lbs. and occasionally lift and or move more than 50 lbs.
Bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline or equivalent experience
United Technologies Corporation is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Job ID 68101BR